Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

I wonder if it will be Digne that os let go

Would reduce the wage bill and Moreno when fit could be a decent backup.

Dunno there is arguments for either to go at this point 

Be interesting to see what happens with the left side. I think he'll be a starter but will be great to not have to rely on him hitting the ground running, we can swap in an experienced backup easily. 

I imagine Moreno will be going just due to the interest in him and I also feel like if that happens, there will be a new contract announcement for Digne next month. If the biggest reason not to keep him is wages and he genuinely wants to stick around, might be some wiggle room to bring the contract down. 

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

Just need a RB of the same ilk now.

Unai doesn’t seem to want two attack minded full backs. Prefers a centre back at right back so we can become a back three in possession so think we will see Konsa at right back. We’re more likely to sign a right sided centre back and move Carlos on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

Unai doesn’t seem to want two attack minded full backs. Prefers a centre back at right back so we can become a back three in possession so think we will see Konsa at right back. We’re more likely to sign a right sided centre back and move Carlos on. 

I also think / hope that it's clear that we struggled to deal with aerial balls into the box last season.  A central 2 of Konsa and Torres are never going to resolve that issue (and Carlos was also poor in the air).  So I also think a RCB is a more likely target.  Hopefully, playing RB more frequently will help Konsa with some of the positional issues he had last season - almost certainly down to him playing a different role every other game due to injuries elsewhere in the back line.

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

GQrrEEtWIAAkr9U.jpg:large

🚨🟣Ian Maatsen has had a Skype call with Aston Villa’s canteen lady, Doris and he has passed her approval. 

Once Omari Kellyman has met Chelsea’s Canteen lady, Jacky, the Deal will be confirmed by both clubs  

Ian Maatsen going to #AVFC for £37.5m in a six year deal 

Omari Kellyman Going the other way to #CFC for £19m in a six year plus one deal 🟣🚨

Club announcements within the next 24 hours 

There she blows

#CarryOniTK

You're a little too good at that. Come on, which AI generated ITK are you really?

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

You're a little too good at that. Come on, which AI generated ITK are you really?

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe917lnll9z1awebthyna3

even Fab. I’m not really Italian or cool, I’m just a Sid from West Wales

• Haha 1

On 24/06/2024 at 12:06, Dante_Lockhart said:

Maatsen and Rogers / JJ on the left. Oof.

Buendia was also drifting to that side end of 22/23 so we're in that nice position of being able to ease him back in after the serious injury given the other options.

Certainly feels an area where we can create endless overloads against the opposition RB if our passing is quick enough. Probably needs Tielemans on the pitch though for that to happen given what we've lost in the midfield area.

On 23/06/2024 at 14:59, CroVillan said:

Really? I truly think there will be. We have to wait for July 1 to make any sales as it will be counted towards this years accounts and towards PSR. 
hence why delaying Barkley and I thought as stated by numerous others sources. Could be wrong though

Yes I think you’re wrong. If we signed a player now, amortisation would put max one month, perhaps as little as 6 days of his value to this year’s accounts. It would be minimal. That deadline is key for our income, but way less than people think for our expenditure.

Thats NOT to say we won’t sign loads of players in July - maybe we will - but if we sign a player now vs July 1 the effect on our accounts is minimal (vs a sale where the whole value gets booked - that’s why sales are such a focus now).

Really? I truly think there will be. We have to wait for July 1 to make any sales as it will be counted towards this years accounts and towards PSR. 
hence why delaying Barkley and I thought as stated by numerous others sources. Could be wrong though

Yes I think you’re wrong. If we signed a player now, amortisation would put max one month, perhaps as little as 6 days of his value to this year’s accounts. It would be minimal. That deadline is key for our income, but way less than people think for our expenditure.

Thats NOT to say we won’t sign loads of players in July - maybe we will - but if we sign a player now vs July 1 the effect on our accounts is minimal (vs a sale where the whole value gets booked - that’s why sales are such a focus now).

Â