Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

14 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Literally my first thought when I heard we're signing him mid tournament. 

ACLs to Wesley, Kamara, Buendia and Mings, plus Diego's Achilles injury has ruined me 🤣

Wasn't Heaton an ACL injury too?

3 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Wasn't Heaton an ACL injury too?

Yep in the same game as Wesley

On 22/06/2024 at 17:41, The_Steve said:

Ian Maatsen agreed with the Bodymoor Heath breakfast menu during his medical.

Contract signed. Waiting on medical results.

Here we go, soon.

I wonder if they do a decent full English breakfast????........😂

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seen Chelsea fans gutted by this.

I'm fairness, I rate Kellyman extremely highly and they already have left backs so not sure if they've been " mugged off "

Kellyman is very good. But if we can bring in Maatsen and one or 2 more 22-23 year old for like 25 mil each Kellyman covers them for this season. 

41 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Chelsea fans seem to think we’re inflating both Maatsen and Kellyman’s valuations by £5m - £10m here for PSR purposes (helping both clubs), which would make sense given £18m for Kellyman seems a little insane.

In which case they seemed to be valuing him quite low at £25m - £30m given his pedigree last season.

35 mil for his buyout from dortmund and us having agreed to pay over 6 years instead of 5 is probably why it's 37.5. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Hard to see Moreno staying now I think. Maatsen is more similar to him in style than Digne.

We'll sell if a Spanish club comes up with 4-5m I suspect although of course more important to know what his book value is and see how far that would be off a loss chalked up for the summer 2025 accounts.

I wonder if it will be Digne that os let go

Would reduce the wage bill and Moreno when fit could be a decent backup.

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

How is it insane? We paid similar for Duran. Brighton paid 20m for Adam Webster 5 years ago. 18m for prospect like Kellyman is nothing today

Chelsea paid the same for chuk 

The value makes perfect sense 

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Don’t think there’ll necessarily be any more ‘frenzy’ in July than now - not saying we won’t be busy but in terms of signings, there’s no need to wait until July 1. That end of June deadline is only key for sales that need to hit this year’s accounts…

Really? I truly think there will be. We have to wait for July 1 to make any sales as it will be counted towards this years accounts and towards PSR. 
hence why delaying Barkley and I thought as stated by numerous others sources. Could be wrong though

We are going to have some serious options on the left side now. 

Maatsen overlapping JJ is what I want to see most. But also Iling Jr has pace and loves to get to the end line. Then you’ve the option of Moreno at full back and Buendia playing ahead of him. 

So many really good options. 

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

Chelsea fans seem to think we’re inflating both Maatsen and Kellyman’s valuations by £5m - £10m here for PSR purposes (helping both clubs), which would make sense given £18m for Kellyman seems a little insane.

Man City have regularly been selling youth players to teams in the Championship for £10-15 million for several years. Us selling one of our brightest prospects to a fellow Premier League club for 18 mil is not that out of the ordinary. 

Edited by oishiiniku_uk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Man City have regularly been selling youth players to teams in the Championship for £10-15 million for several years. Us selling one of our brightest prospects to a fellow Premier League club for 18 mil is not that out of the ordinary. 

Yep.Chelsea bought Carney for £20m 2 years ago and he played in just 12 PL games. Pool sold Brewster for £20m over his “market value” back in 2020. This isn’t something new because of the June 30th designation. 

• Like 1

We sold Cameron Archer for £18m and he’d made ten PL appearances with zero goals. When he was 18/19, he was on loan at Solihull Moors.

Omari is 18/19 and a has already made a handful of PL appearances. He hasn’t quite shown as much as Cameron had at the time of the transfer, but he has another couple of years to get to the equivalent age. A price of £19m is completely reasonable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

We are going to have some serious options on the left side now. 

Maatsen overlapping JJ is what I want to see most. But also Iling Jr has pace and loves to get to the end line. Then you’ve the option of Moreno at full back and Buendia playing ahead of him. 

So many really good options. 

And you still failed to mention Rogers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

And you still failed to mention Rogers.

Maatsen and Rodgers on that left side...

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

How is it insane? We paid similar for Duran. Brighton paid 20m for Adam Webster 5 years ago. 18m for prospect like Kellyman is nothing today

Because he's only played 37 minutes (I think?) of first-team football ever - those other players you mentioned had played way more than that, right?

There's prospects and there's prospects. The ones you see selling for £20m have usually been blooded a lot more than Kellyman has so far. Feels like Chelsea are overvaluing him.

Edited by Panto_Villan

32 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Maatsen and Rodgers on that left side...

giphy.gif

That gif makes me feel like that gif 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â