Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

20 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Next up, Fab will tweet about the time frame Ian will meet Doris the canteen lady. Expected Monday lunch time 

#CarryonITK

there she blows 

Ian Maatsen agreed with the Bodymoor Heath breakfast menu during his medical.

Contract signed. Waiting on medical results.

Here we go, soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I cannot wait to see Maatsen and Ramsey down that left hand side. Oh, and when the right back has had enough, we’ll bring Rogers on.

Rogers will be ahead of Ramsey

1 minute ago, punkiller1981 said:

Can’t help feeling this is a brilliant signing assuming he stays free of injury etc. just got to the champions league signing and with Kellyman going the other way had effectively cost us £17 million on a 6 year deal so basically under £3 million a year plus wages which I know will be high but he could be out left back for the next 5/6 years 

Yes, it's a quality signing (if it happens) - the sort of purchase clubs on the up make, reminds me of when we got Milner, not about the player but the power of the purchase. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colhint said:

Either one will do and the it's a case of pass the dutchie on the left hand side.

Just need Geertruida and we’ll be passing the dutchie from left to right the whole time. 

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

Yes, it's a quality signing (if it happens) - the sort of purchase clubs on the up make, reminds me of when we got Milner, not about the player but the power of the purchase. 

Agreed, really think upgrading full backs this summer could have a big impact for us.

• Like 1

Feels like the should be an "Old MacDonald had a farm" chant for someone to come up with using his name.

29 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Championship Team Of The Season with Burnley when they got promoted.
Champions League Team Of The Season with Borussia Dortmund as they reached the final.

He's only 22.  Very good feeling about this.

All the more impressive considering that he only played in the knockout rounds of the UCL for Dortmund. 

We are fortunate that Chelsea are stacked up on LBs and in the mud PSR-wise at this moment otherwise they would have definitely incoorperated him into their squad and not even entertained a sale to anyone. 

Edited by Isa

Â