Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

Rory was only offered the new deal in March. Maybe he’s taking time to think - that’s his right. If, however, wants to leave that’s fine too, and that way, I could accept him going the other way. Our academy is full of talent and we will continue to bring in talent. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, useless said:

Wilson isn't really the brightest prospect we've got, Kellyman, Young, Patterson, Jimoh-Aloba, Borland, Triston Rowe, and probably Broggio ahead of him

Chelsea have previously been strongly linked to Jimoh and Triston Rowe, my immediate thought was one of those two, they've already signed Kiano Dyer and Leo Cardoso who were in the same age team as Rowe and Jimoh at West Brom, and they all play for England together accept for Cardoso who has switched to Portugal but he was with England previously

But then Tanswell said in his podcast yesterday that it would be an academy player that's in and around  the first team squad, I wasn't sure if he was talking in definite terms, or whether he meant it in a 'educated guess' kind of way, but if he meant the 'in and around the first team squad' part, then I think the most likely answer is Kadan Young,

Kellyman is also a possiblity, he's signed a contract, which probably make him the most valuable of our youngsters, so whatever fee we would get for him would offset the Maatsen fee more so than any other academy player we've got, I initialy thought him going to Chelsea was probably unlikey as they already have so many left footed attackers, but you never know with them

I hope we don't lose any of our better academy players, so am hoping Duran to Chelsea comes back into play if he's going to leave anyway, Romano said last night that he's still an option for them.

Kellyman's already on the villa first team fringes. Emery must love him. Would be an awful move for him if he moves to Chelsea IMO. 

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

image.jpeg.3f97c7567a2a071f82cb9c5b7de9a25e.jpeg

Is he any relation to John?

Given that the Anglo Saxon were a mix of  German, Dutch & Danish it’s possible that John Motson ancestors were originally Maatsen but highly unlikely 🤣

• Haha 1

I’m assuming Maatsen would also qualify as homegrown seeing as he was at Chelsea from Jul 18, or is my maths out

(just google HG debutants and he is classed as HG) - result

Edited by burchy

6 minutes ago, burchy said:

I’m assuming Maatsen would also qualify as homegrown seeing as he was at Chelsea from Jul 18, or is my maths out

That’s not an issues as we have Martinez, Watkins, Konsa, Mings, Cash, Rogers to fill that quota. 
it’s the 4 club trained plays that we will struggle to fill. The only one that’s realistically getting CL game time is JJ. Then it’s a bit of a drop off in talent to Kellyman, KKH and errrm Munroe? 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Rory was only offered the new deal in March. Maybe he’s taking time to think - that’s his right. If, however, wants to leave that’s fine too, and that way, I could accept him going the other way. Our academy is full of talent and we will continue to bring in talent. 

Wilson would make sense to move on if there is interest. 

5 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Why 48 hours? Why cant we get it done in the next hour

I imagine the Dutch camp want him to focus on the game he has in about 5 hours time. It'll be confirmed over the weekend

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I imagine the Dutch camp want him to focus on the game he has in about 5 hours time. It'll be confirmed over the weekend

Just worried some team will come in for him. Guess we have a good relationship with Chelsea tho

Â