Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

You drop this here. He drops a clanger in the final.

This transfer baffles me. 

Harry Kane shat the bed in a CL final. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Harry Kane shat the bed in a CL final. 

He's literally named in the Champions League team of the season as well. Lol

Edit: @Steero113 we are talking about Maatsen right?

Only just realised I dropped an unintended double entendre ( As Kane is in it as well - which I forgot about  )

20240620_175720-min.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Slightly off topic, but Fabrizio is so annoying. We don't need an update every time someone involved in a transfer breathes. Like stfu and put down your phone every once in a while, please.

Here we go.... 🤣

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he needs clicks, its a business, not sure what you expect?

Wouldnt be surprised if he has ppl/a team posting on his behalf to keep up the click-aroo's.

I know the reason, it's stupid. Everything has to be commodified, it's so annoying. 

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

I know the reason, it's stupid. Everything has to be commodified, it's so annoying. 

ye, its not good, but thats the modern world, and its only gonna get worse! 😜

11 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

That was contracts for players, not sure it matters re payments to other clubs ...

No they didn't change the rules for the length of contract you can give. You can sign someone on for as long as you want, but you can't amortise their transfer cost over more than 5 years in the accounts. 

Prior to the rule change, players like Enzo were brought in on 8 year deals so he's only costing about £14mil per season even though they spent nearly £100mil on him. Chelsea had found that loophole and the horse had already bolted for them though. The good news is they're hamstrung with that nonsense for another 6 years. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah that's why Ornstein is so good. Drops a major exclusive and then doesn't tweet again until he has another. 

Ornstein is good when he sticks to writing. The way he speaks and his big smug face ruin all the good work he does. I do think he's good at getting information. He does clearly have certain contacts at certain clubs though because all his major exclusives come from players or agents with links to Arsenal. 

The worst part about him is his favourite thing to do. Agree to be on a podcast or show on deadline day, turn up to it late because of how "crazy" it is, don't reveal any of the crazy stuff, then leave early too by interrupting someone else talking to let them know you've got a call more important than the show you're on.

I wish the above was weirdly specific, but I've seen him do it multiple times. 

To keep it on topic, Ian Maatsen is a left back and I think he is good. 

Edited by skarroki

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Slightly off topic, but Fabrizio is so annoying. We don't need an update every time someone involved in a transfer breathes. Like stfu and put down your phone every once in a while, please.

See the thing is now you can get paid via twitter each tweet he makes is money and he probably makes hundreds of thousands of pounds each month. There are fake news basketball accounts like ballsack/buttcrack sports that earned like 10k a month and he has like 50x the followers 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

See the thing is now you can get paid via twitter each tweet he makes is money and he probably makes hundreds of thousands of pounds each month. There are fake news basketball accounts like ballsack/buttcrack sports that earned like 10k a month and he has like 50x the followers 

I know, that's why that site is so cooked. Musk completely destroyed any appeal it once had. 

But honestly the same principle applies to regular journalism too. They all want to drive clicks to their sites. I'm not sure how much of that has migrated over to Twitter, but the principle is essentially the same. Even information is commoditized.

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I don't want this world anymore.

• Like 1

On 19/06/2024 at 23:39, duke313 said:

Rory Wilson?

My guess is it has to be him. Brightest prospect we've got and he hasn't signed new deal. A Chukwuemeka repeat type thing. 

• Like 1

Wilson isn't really the brightest prospect we've got, Kellyman, Young, Patterson, Jimoh-Aloba, Borland, Triston Rowe, and probably Broggio ahead of him

Chelsea have previously been strongly linked to Jimoh and Triston Rowe, my immediate thought was one of those two, they've already signed Kiano Dyer and Leo Cardoso who were in the same age team as Rowe and Jimoh at West Brom, and they all play for England together accept for Cardoso who has switched to Portugal but he was with England previously

But then Tanswell said in his podcast yesterday that it would be an academy player that's in and around  the first team squad, I wasn't sure if he was talking in definite terms, or whether he meant it in a 'educated guess' kind of way, but if he meant the 'in and around the first team squad' part, then I think the most likely answer is Kadan Young,

Kellyman is also a possiblity, he's signed a contract, which probably make him the most valuable of our youngsters, so whatever fee we would get for him would offset the Maatsen fee more so than any other academy player we've got, I initialy thought him going to Chelsea was probably unlikey as they already have so many left footed attackers, but you never know with them

I hope we don't lose any of our better academy players, so am hoping Duran to Chelsea comes back into play if he's going to leave anyway, Romano said last night that he's still an option for them.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Wilson isn't really the brightest prospect we've got, Kellyman, Young, Patterson, Jimoh-Aloba, Borland, Triston Rowe, and probably Broggio ahead of him

Chelsea have previously been strongly linked to Jimoh and Triston Rowe, my immediate thought was one of those two, they've already signed Kiano Dyer and Leo Cardoso who were in the same age team as Rowe and Jimoh at West Brom, and they all play for England together accept for Cardoso who has switched to Portugal but he was with England previously

But then Tanswell said in his podcast yesterday that it would be an academy player that's in and around  the first team squad, I wasn't sure if he was talking in definite terms, or whether he meant it in a 'educated guess' kind of way, but if he meant the 'in and around the first team squad' part, then I think the most likely answer is Kadan Young,

Kellyman is also a possiblity, he's signed a contract, which probably make him the most valuable of our youngsters, so whatever fee we would get for him would offset the Maatsen fee more so than any other academy player we've got, I initialy thought him going to Chelsea was probably unlikey as they already have so many left footed attackers, but you never know with them

I hope we don't lose any of our better academy players, so am hoping Duran to Chelsea comes back into play if he's going to leave anyway, Romano said last night that he's still an option for them.

isnt wilson now in the last year of his contract and not indicated he is signing another one? (yet?)

or something like that.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

My guess is it has to be him. Brightest prospect we've got and he hasn't signed new deal. A Chukwuemeka repeat type thing. 

Really hope it’s not Rory 

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

isnt wilson now in the last year of his contract and not indicated he is signing another one? (yet?)

or something like that.

Why wouldn't he sign? Hope this isnt true as he looks a prospect

Without wanting to sound low on Wilson, I'd take losing him over the other youngsters mentioned.

Also to be fair on him with regards to the contract situation, all well regarded academy players are offered a new deal upon turning eighteen, as that's when they're allowed to sign on longer terms, but usally they don't sign right away, they wait until the summer, Patterson and Young haven't signed new deals yet either, and if you look back at previous seasons, there will be players that turned eighteen early in the year, but didn't sign contract extenstion until much later in the summer

Â