Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

I think this is a fabulous signing for us. That we've been able to beat Dortmund to this speaks volumes about how far we've come as a club.

My only concern is the report that it was Champions League football that was essential to him coming here. If we don't make it next season, is he going to be one to throw toys out of the pram? Or is there something in the deal that we don't know (release clauses, buy backs etc)?

I don't know anything of the lads personality or attitude so I'm just asking the question at this point.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It was two mistakes. 

If he makes two mistakes every game for Villa, how can we ever win again?

Loaning Olsen to every team we play

(I actually don't  think Olsen is as bad as is made out sometimes, even if he is clearly  a massive step down from Emi)

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I think it's worth focusing on that mistake in the UCL final, a career defining moment similar to when Gerrard slipped. Look what happened after that.

We’re appointing Maatsen as manager?

Bold, but I’ve learned to trust our owners.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

We’re appointing Maatsen as manager?

Bold, but I’ve learned to trust our owners.

"Unai Emery Maatsenclass"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It was two mistakes. 

If he makes two mistakes every game for Villa, how can we ever win again?

How many mistakes did mings make for us? Does that mean he is a bad player.

Whats the maa-tter with you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He just looks like a pleasant bloke as well...

Not much of a downgrade on Moreno in the looks department, nice work, Monchi. Clearly an important part of our recruitment strategy.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He just looks like a pleasant bloke as well...

Slightly off topic, but Fabrizio is so annoying. We don't need an update every time someone involved in a transfer breathes. Like stfu and put down your phone every once in a while, please.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Slightly off topic, but Fabrizio is so annoying. We don't need an update every time someone involved in a transfer breathes. Like stfu and put down your phone every once in a while, please.

Yeah that's why Ornstein is so good. Drops a major exclusive and then doesn't tweet again until he has another. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Agreed. I wasn’t always his biggest fan - a bit of a tap in merchant - but he did get real exclusives too. Out of the blue. No hype around it. He’s tweeted about 12 times now about Dougie and the deal isn’t even done. It’s just content farming now. It’s a real shame because they don’t need to do it. It’s like when he claimed Barkley was ex-United and just left it up for days before deleting which makes me think he did it for the clicks. 

Edited by The_Steve

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets hope he makes as much impact at that other ian

Does anyone remember the last time we had an Ian in the team?

:trollface::trollface::trollface:

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

he needs clicks, its a business, not sure what you expect?

Wouldnt be surprised if he has ppl/a team posting on his behalf to keep up the click-aroo's.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I love it!!!

Â