Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

56 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s like being back in the good old Bruce days

That was right-backs.  

I remember we had Hutton, Elmo and James Bree (signed because he looked like Luke Shaw) all starting a few games alongside Chester.  Hutton at left back and Bree in the middle.  😱

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

He wasn't getting game time though when he was at Chelsea

I havnt read all the Messages since but just wanted to point out 2 players in reply to this message:

Salah

De Brynue

*+Many others 

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

@Zatman while I respect your opinions, and this a different era, Chelsea binned off Salah and De Bruyne who went off abroad and came back to England and look at them now.

I don't think them wanting him or not is bares any factor on his ability.

Oh never mind

Could the player being exchanged between Archer? They want a striker, everyone knows that. Romano said it's not a big name and JJ is a regular first teamer.

Edited by stewiek2

36 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Why are we paying 37.5 when his release clause is 35?

Let’s face it no-one ever actually has any idea of the details of any of these guy’s contracts or their clauses.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Could the player being exchanged between Archer? They want a striker, everyone knows that. Romano said it's not a big name and JJ is a regular first teamer.

Archer is barely PL level, no way its him.

will be Duran, if anyone.

Just now, Pongo Waring said:

Could it be Rory Wilson ?

Can’t think of a single player in that category that would bring in a similar fee to what we would for Duran… we need to make it happen, for everyone’s sake.

Archer would be the next best but considerably cheaper option… very surprised if they’d have any interest.

Dunno the details and what future deals we may have lined up with them though 🤷‍♂️

Would be funny if we sold a different reserve or young striker and Jhon was denied his dream move 😆

But the last thing we need is an unsettled or disruptive player hanging around.

• Like 1

Chelsea have been strongly linked with our academy players Triston Rowe and Jamaldeen Jimoh-Aloba, those two came from West Brom academy and were part of a very strong age group that included Kiano Dyer and Leo Cordoso who Chelsea have already signed, it wouldn't surprise me if they were interested in Kadan Young either, he didn't come from West Brom academy but played for one of their feeder clubs

Chelsea's midland scout used to work for West Brom and us, so that's probably where their interest in these players that have come through the West Brom system has come from

I really hope not though as would be a shame to lose any of them, I was in fact hoping we could take either Kiano Dyer or Cordoso off them as part of the Duran deal, Dyer's dad is Lloyd Dyer who came through our academy and was playing for Burton whilst we were in the Championhip

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

Â