Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i would believe Ornstein over matt law, and others, seems to me they are just jumping on the clicks bandwagon by trying to give slightly different stories.

Ornstein is gospel. As in the top of the tree nobody above him. 

• Like 1

Hadn't seen too much of him but have watching a few clips of him on YouTube, he looks like a small rock of a guy, very aggressive and tidy on the ball, one clip compared him to acuna that we wanted last summer 

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Hadn't seen too much of him but have watching a few clips of him on YouTube, he looks like a small rock of a guy, very aggressive and tidy on the ball, one clip compared him to acuna that we wanted last summer 

looks a bit like a young moreno (but better).

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

looks a bit like a young moreno (but better).

he is better looking than Alex, how dare you 

18 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I didnt even have to Google this one, I'd never heard of the pair from Juventus

Ironically was the exact opposite for me 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, Follyfoot said:

he is better looking than Alex, how dare you 

i would never dare say such a thing.......

49 minutes ago, allani said:

A 6 year contract means that it is only costing us £6m a year.  Given that we're talking about taking our revenue from £220m to £400m over the next 4 seasons - it really shows that after June I think we'll have a decent amount of money to be able to spend on transfers.  If the Iling-Junior link is also true then we've got a pretty strong left-side nailed down until 2030!

Not quite true. After Chelsea's long deals the rules changed so that though you can sign a player on a longer contract it has to be amortised over a maximum 5 year period.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

huh?

Do any clubs actually bid for player if they dont know the player is interested in joining?

I would bet my right arm that all the yeah im interested/no im not are sorted before a bid even goes in.

Normally I'd say no, but we've had bids accepted for Nico Williams only for him to refuse

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, david-avfc said:

What are the odds on Duran signing for Chelsea for “just north of £35m” later this week

'Oh sorry Tod did you think I said THIRTY five million?'

Edited by Nigel

9 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It's a good state of affairs when Dortmund can't compete with us financially on a player like this. We've paid more for a few players too. 

4 hours ago, zak said:

from my knowledge if it was a 40m deal giving Maatsan a 5 year deal and Duran cost 17.5m on a 5 year deal, which is around the right thing then my calcs are as follows:

selling value: 40m

Cost on books: 13m (17.5 x 4/5)

Duran profit: 27m

Purchase: 40m

Cost for this season: 8m (40m / 5)

PSR profit for this year: 19m 

Nah a player’s fee amortises monthly so would only be one month on the books for this year.  So his fee divided by 60, assuming a 5 year contract.

Pretty happy with this one, watched him play quite a few times for Dortmund and he's been pretty impressive for them (except for the CL final, where he had a bit of a stinker). I know Dortmund were keen on signing him permanent, but I'm guessing it suits Chelsea better for him to be part of the Duran deal. 

Without being too negative, how would people feel if we signed the donkey Cucurella?

Well Maatsen couldnt take his spot or the injury prone Chilwell at Chelsea

• Confused 1

Â