Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I will never understand this narrative. Digne is better than Moreno, and he very much earned his bread last season. 

Certainly was good but the counter argument is Digne is on high wages, aging and doesn’t technically fit the system Emery wants. 

Although I do worry about Morenos hamstrings 

Just now, Spoony said:

I will never understand this narrative. Digne is better than Moreno, and he very much earned his bread last season. 

its not a narrative, its an opinion.

I agree Digne is a better defensive defender, but Moreno at his best (when he has played at his best for us prior to his injury), was miles better going forward.

We have to abide by the salary rules next season in europe, if we sign Maatsen and have Digne on 125k or Moreno on 40k a week, i would keep Moreno on 40k a week as backup, and use that 85k p/w elsewhere in the squad.

(i dont know if Moreno is on 40k, but a google search implies is 35-45k, in that region)

I dont think Digne is worth 3 times the wages of Moreno, or even double what Moreno is on, if he was on 60k p/w, when both are backup, we have finances to consider, as well as comparing how good they are.

Its just my opinion, as yours, is yours.

Erm, sorry to put a dampener on things but if we haven’t actually decided who to put in a swap deal, then aren’t we actually quite far away from completing it? 

Is this going to be another saga?

The second part of this is Digne signs a contract extension on lesser wages. More security for him in a city / club he wants to be at and looser purse strings for us.

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Erm, sorry to put a dampener on things but if we haven’t actually decided who to put in a swap deal, then aren’t we actually quite far away from completing it? 

Is this going to be another saga?

Personally I’m listening to what Ornstein is saying. I feel like if that was something important he would’ve included that and not just said it was done.

• Like 1

Has to be Duran, surely. After all this. Fab just throwing some salt and pepper into his tweets to separate himself from the crowd as per. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Awesome! Think it's an excellent signing. 

Timing seems strange though given our psr issues.

A 6 year contract means that it is only costing us £6m a year.  Given that we're talking about taking our revenue from £220m to £400m over the next 4 seasons - it really shows that after June I think we'll have a decent amount of money to be able to spend on transfers.  If the Iling-Junior link is also true then we've got a pretty strong left-side nailed down until 2030!

• Like 1

Â