Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea are shit

Better than us since Christmas to be fair. Since the turn of the year they got I think 35 points to our 24 (might be off a point or two, that’s from memory). Just an aside anyway, this lad wasn’t playing and they’ve binned off the manager anyway!

I don’t think we would be going for him only for needing to sell Duran by end of June to get us out of a hole.  Hopefully this also means Luiz stays.

Has Monchi gained some kind of addiction for left backs? We've got two good players already, have that Lino kid, seemingly buying Maatsen and then considering taking IlinggJunior as part of the Luiz deal. What is going on? 

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Of course it does, Chelsea finished below us 2 years in a row and chasing rejects

Would people be thinking similar if we signed Matt Targett or West Ham or Brighton 3rd choice left back

You should know by now - trust emery and the players he wants. I think this is gonna be a top signing for us

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Without being too negative, how would people feel if we signed the donkey Cucurella?

Well Maatsen couldnt take his spot or the injury prone Chilwell at Chelsea

Chelsea fans are claiming that Cucurella is the best LB in the league at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Chelsea fans are claiming that Cucurella is the best LB in the league at the moment. 

He had a resurgence and was pretty key to Chelsea’s turnaround in form this year. Might all change with the new manager though.

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well Maatsen is uncapped and Dortmund getting to the Champions League final was an anomaly. They finished 27 points off top spot

Pochettino publicly said he struggled with stepping up to Premier League level

Just had a look there and if you were to take the number of points they amassed in the mere 16 league games he played for them and applied them over the course of a full season they'd have finished on 74 points, which would have had them in 2nd, 11 points better off than what they finished on. Seems like signing him made a big difference, imagine how far off they'd have been if they hadn't. 😁

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Has Monchi gained some kind of addiction for left backs? We've got two good players already, have that Lino kid, seemingly buying Maatsen and then considering taking IlinggJunior as part of the Luiz deal. What is going on? 

At least one of Digne and Moreno was always going to go and Iling Jr isn't really a left back (yet).  I suspect Sousa may just end up being a player we flip for a profit in a couple of years but may be wrong.

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

BBC are now saying it's all but a done deal, expected to sign his six-year contract.

the first three letters let that statement down

26 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Just had a look there and if you were to take the number of points they amassed in the mere 16 league games he played for them and applied them over the course of a full season they'd have finished on 74 points, which would have had them in 2nd, 11 points better off than what they finished on. Seems like signing him made a big difference, imagine how far off they'd have been if they hadn't. 😁

Hello context, (and actual research / knowledge), my old friend.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Diaby. Example of Monchi and Emery getting it wrong. He’s crap

Bailey. Example of Lange and Smith getting it wrong. He's crap.

Right?

• Like 1

Â