Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

We have 3 left backs at the moment, digne moreno and sousa the one from arsenal.

Means at least 1 of our left backs will be off, possibly both senior ones, if this rumour is true. 

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

He started for Dortmund in the Champions League final this season, and is in the Netherlands squad for the Euro's. He must be doing something right.

I heard he is extremely talented at blow jobs

• Haha 1

This (plus Duran, Gallagher, Chalobah etc) all makes me think the journos know we are talking to Chelsea but don’t actually have any idea what about. Sure, maybe it’s a super complex negotiation and they are all clued in - but I think it’s probably a lot of guesswork.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Matt Law is well connected to a few London clubs so I would imagine there’s some truth to what he’s saying 

Matt Law is a Chelsea reporter, and a Villa fan, so would obviously be deeply into this.

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

Means at least 1 of our left backs will be off, possibly both senior ones, if this rumour is true. 

It's pretty safe to assume Digne will leave this summer given he nearly went last summer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Matt Law is a Chelsea reporter, and a Villa fan, so would obviously be deeply into this.

Definitely well in with whats happening at Chelsea - he's their go-to journo when they want anything to appear in the press.......

Hope he's spot on here - rated this kid since he was on loan at Cov. Cracking player who will only improve under Emery.

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's pretty safe to assume Digne will leave this summer given he nearly went last summer. 

Can’t agree, his wages will be a stumbling block. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s still here next season.

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

This. 

I expected us to bring in a new left back this summer with Moreno acting as back up. Given Moreno may also be on the move, it might mean Maatsen is our target for left back and Sousa/Iling as back ups? 

Even though Maatsen is young, he’s the ideal fit for the way we play and just made it into the CL team of the year. 

Lot to like about this deal. 

• Like 2

Is there any concern about his total lack of aerial presence? I wondered if that is the reason chelsea never gave him a go in the PL. I haven’t seen enough of him to make a judgement but watching us last season it was pretty obvious we needed a bit more physicality at the back, not less, I guess you might get away with it at left back but Digne surprisingly better in the air than you’d realise when you look at the stats and there’s hardly anyone in our team who is actually any good at winning the ball in the air

• Like 1

I would love this signing with either Moreno or Digne as back up. Sousa back on loan for a full season. 

Been very impressed with Maatsen and would have a similar effect to Udogie at Spurs I imagine 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

This (plus Duran, Gallagher, Chalobah etc) all makes me think the journos know we are talking to Chelsea but don’t actually have any idea what about. Sure, maybe it’s a super complex negotiation and they are all clued in - but I think it’s probably a lot of guesswork.

its also possible that we have some dialogue but loads of options are discussed. It seems likely that Chelsea are talking to Duran. It also seems likely that Chelsea would like to include another player in the deal. But an innocent conversation could see Villa listing 7 or 8 players they like and Chelsea listing 10 theyd like to get rid of. In theory all are then part of a conversation but the vast majority would not possibly happen.

Im still very surprised by all the talk of swap deals as they so very rarely happen. Is this the impact of PSR. No one has money, everyone has players they need off the books.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, brummybloke said:

We have 3 left backs at the moment, digne moreno and sousa the one from arsenal.

One senior will leave, I'd rather Moreno as Digne will be useful in CL.

Lino didn't play that much at Plymouth did he so he's a fair way off contention for premier league. Probably another loan, Ben Chrisene is probably closer to first team contention.

17 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I look forward to seeing him sat in the Holte End after signing, with Wolf Bouma on the big screen bigging up the club. 

Shame Doglas Luiz won't be there. 

17 hours ago, brummybloke said:

May as well count Chrisene if you’re including Sousa.

27 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I look forward to seeing him sat in the Holte End after signing, with Wolf Bouma on the big screen bigging up the club. 

Ron Vlaar

16 hours ago, villa89 said:

More likely Moreno - he's already allegedly homesick. Don't see Digne leaving unless a big enough offer comes in - he was an important squad member last season.

I dont see for footballing reasons why Digne and Moreno would want to leave. Probably last chance they will get to play Champions League

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â