Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

1 hour ago, useless said:

The article only really says we've enquired about him, doesn't mean it's going to happen, and we don't know when that enquiry was made, could have been weeks ago and we've since moved on

Also the article says the deal potentially worth up to £40m for Duran is agreed, if that was the case I think they would know if Maatsen was likely part of the deal and that knowledge would form part of the article too

As well as the Iling Jr factor, not sure we would sign both he and Maatsen

Illing jr might be cover for maatsen qnd can also cover in midfield

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Illing jr might be cover for maatsen qnd can also cover in midfield

Maybe Iling Jr may more be a replacement for Zaniolo?

Only really know his highlight reels but he looks immensely skillful and quick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or maybe he's seen as a project and squad option? Bit like he was at Juve. Still only 20 after all and only started 6 games if you include the cup.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah exactly options are limitless. Exciting

• Like 1

Maatsen looked a proper player in the CL this season and he has a really high ceiling. You’d assume if we are going after him one or both of Moreno and Digne will be off. 

I don’t agree with those thinking Iling is going to be playing full back or wing back. He’s a left sided midfielder or winger. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

Maatsen looked a proper player in the CL this season and he has a really high ceiling. You’d assume if we are going after him one or both of Moreno and Digne will be off. 

I don’t agree with those thinking Iling is going to be playing full back or wing back. He’s a left sided midfielder or winger. 

He looks a step above moreno thats for sure. Playing for a team like dortmund as well - all a plus in my opinion. Just hope this is true

44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think maybe we want to move Digne and Moreno on? Or one this summer and one next.

Illing Junior can play in lots of roles and he said himself he's good with both feet. So hard to know exactly what plans Emery has for him. 

What's clear is we seem to have a plan and we are asking about players we want to take. Maatsen would be a fantastic signing in a cash + Duran deal. 

Also young players are on lower wages than senior players. So by moving on older players and replacing them with younger ones we also lower our wage bill. So the approach we're taking is a good one. 

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â