limpid

General Election Results 2024  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. WHat will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/06/24 at 17:00

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It would take some doing to be worse than one of the biggest words removed in politics. 

What kind of politician do you like if you're so worried about someone being dull?

I had a soft spot for Clare back in the day, seeing as she was the Ladywood Constituent. She had a bit of honesty about her. Same with Paul Foot, prepared to do more than talk a good fight. It's easy to say you care when your living in comfort yourself. When I have voted it's been Labour, but Starmer doesn't appeal to me as a leader, he has that smarmy Blair way about him. Listening to him talk about his "Cardboard in the window and threadbare carpet," just comes across as cringeworthy condescending crap.

• Like 1

Look at the legacy of Blunkett, another Wolf in Sheep's clothing . Responsible for thousands behind bars without a glimmer of light in a dark, dark tunnel. .

Same with Jack Straw, the man who was outraged at the thought of prisoners being given the vote and alligned himself with Michael Howard in opposition. And continued with the privatisation of prisons, after telling the POA he wouldn't. 

Couldn't give two hoots about the downtrodden. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

12 hours ago, bickster said:

If Jenkins was in the Labour Party she’d rightly have been expelled by now

Is that wallpaper meant to distract us from his wig, or visa versa?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That debate was utter shit. Mordaunts awful she really is. If she takes over from rishi they will do even worse than sunak will at next election.

But rayner was bad too. She struggled with all the attacks. Its easier being opposition than in power for that. She better get use to that when they come into power. The only party that came out well for me was SNP surprisingly.  

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That debate was utter shit. Mordaunts awful she really is. If she takes over from rishi they will do even worse than sunak will at next election.

But rayner was bad too. She struggled with all the attacks. Its easier being opposition than in power for that. She better get use to that when they come into power. The only party that came out well for me was SNP surprisingly.  

Yes the SNP came out well in that debate but very bad in QT in Scotland last night. The waiting time for cancer treatment in Scotland  is over 40% worse than in England. Also very poor on green energy.  All they do is promote independence for Scotland. In the election debates they seem to get a free pass. 

I agree Mordaunt was rude and kept interrupting Rayner everytime. she spoke. The woman doing it let it happen. No wonder Rayner got a bit flustered. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Basically they want a Yorkshire parliament. 

Screenshot_2024-06-13-12-54-13-58_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

I saw a thing around the time of the independence vote saying if Scotland can be independent so can a combined Yorkshire as it's bigger, with more population and a larger economy lol 

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

I saw a thing around the time of the independence vote saying if Scotland can be independent so can a combined Yorkshire as it's bigger, with more population and a larger economy lol 

Yorkshire folk are weird

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Just had a Social Democratic Party leaflet through which after a brief read appears to tick this box.

Yeah but it needs to be one that might win haha

Anyway the SNP will loose a lot of seats in Scotland to labour. They have made a mess of things  but just put all the blame on Westminster. No personal responsibility 

Edited by PaulC

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes the SNP came out well in that debate but very bad in QT in Scotland last night. The waiting time for cancer treatment in Scotland  is over 40% worse than in England. Also very poor on green energy.  All they do is promote independence for Scotland. In the election debates they seem to get a free pass. 

I agree Mordaunt was rude and kept interrupting Rayner everytime. she spoke. The woman doing it let it happen. No wonder Rayner got a bit flustered. 

Yeah i never understood why none of them attacked SNPs record as you alluded to. All they did was mock them on wanting scottish independence.l all the time. 

Modaunt was embarrassing hwrself like petulant child. She really was awful and takes something to make farage look even better than you.

I think rayner was getting interrupted alot better she did avoid answering certain questions. She struggled when snp and the welsh party were roasting them

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Milfner said:

Walked past an old fella putting out a homemade "Save England, Vote Reform" earlier. Grim.

This is the first time I can remember signs going up around Sutton, it's such a nailed on Tory area that people just don't bother. Seen a lot of Labour in particular. 

I was surprised when I checked that my new constituency just down the road (I'm just inside the Aldridge and Brownhills constituency now) is more Tory than Sutton was.

71% vs 60%

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i never understood why none of them attacked SNPs record as you alluded to. All they did was mock them on wanting scottish independence.l all the time. 

Modaunt was embarrassing hwrself like petulant child. She really was awful and takes something to make farage look even better than you.

I think rayner was getting interrupted alot better she did avoid answering certain questions. She struggled when snp and the welsh party were roasting them

Rayner didn't look comfortable in trying to avoid the answer I agree,  I think she's too scared to **** up. Only a major **** up can damage labour at this late stage.

Totally different on Qt with labour and Snp. If you watch it the SNP mp was really flustered and labour mp came over far better.

Edited by PaulC

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bear in mind that Scotland also have their own debates, so the small pool of available voters that might switch to Labour or the Tories from the SNP would be better focused on in the debates broadcast only in Scotland. Hammering the SNP's record for a load of voters watching from Portsmouth and Manchester doesn't help them at all. 

More electorally sensible to just ignore them altogether in the national conversation. 

Edited by ml1dch

The doom spiral looks so self fulfilling for the tories, their reactions to events are speeding things up exponentially - really does feel like end of days 

23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The doom spiral looks so self fulfilling for the tories, their reactions to events are speeding things up exponentially - really does feel like end of days 

I saw George Osbourne make the good point (I know, I know...) that small decisions being made now could also screw up or save their future - if the party machine spends every available penny now on campaigning (which he seems to think that they are), then in the event of a wipe-out there is no money left in the party, not many people left and little prospect of bringing more money or people in. 

Keeping back a bit of the money that looks like it'll just be wasted on a load of Facebook adverts might be the different between them sinking and swimming after the election. 

• Like 2