limpid

General Election Results 2024  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. WHat will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/06/24 at 17:00

16 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

You mean the guy, who when in charge of the CPS, said he didn't realise the charges against Saville had been dropped. Just another wolf in sheep's clothing. 

You should head over to Fullfact and not take what Boris Johnson says as truth. 

The Labour manifesto essentially says the country is **** and there won't be enough spending to fix it. They're going to hit the growth button, and definitely, definitely close some tax loop holes, and that will pay for very, very, very limited spending. And that's the winning manifesto.

Change!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

You should head over to Fullfact and not take what Boris Johnson says as truth. 

The facts are he was head of the CPS when the charges were dropped. So to say he had no knowledge of such a high profile case is just not true. I'm not interested in what Johnson said. Just because he wasn't the reviewing lawyer doesn't mean he had no knowledge of the situation. 

15 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Let's not forget starmer also sat on the sentencing council in 2012 when it was agreed that child sex abuse perpetrators should not get an automatic prison sentence. 

We were talking about the lie that Johnson came out with not the 14 year sentencing that is still in place. The Savile issue has been proven to be false, because you say he was head of the CPS at the time doesn't make it less false. This is like the 2000 tax lie. Say it enough and people believe it. 

Funny how the original criticism was “personality of a brillo pad” and then the criticism was moved to Starmer being all pally with the paedos.

I would have thought coming across as a bit dull would be secondary when looking for reasons to voice concern.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

We were talking about the lie that Johnson came out with not the 14 year sentencing that is still in place. The Savile issue has been proven to be false, because you say he was head of the CPS at the time doesn't make it less false. This is like the 2000 tax lie. Say it enough and people believe it. 

How can it have been proven to be false? He says he had no knowledge of the Seville case. Of course he had knowledge of the case. The only thing that can be proven is, he wasn't the reviewing lawyer. As for the child abuse issue, that wasn't in response to your comment, just a reminder of his failure to be tough on child abuse by making it a compulsory prison sentence. 

He's the new Tony Blair. And look how mendacious he turned out to be. 

24 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Funny how the original criticism was “personality of a brillo pad” and then the criticism was moved to Starmer being all pally with the paedos.

I would have thought coming across as a bit dull would be secondary when looking for reasons to voice concern.

Let's get it right. The Saville comment was a response to a comment. Nonetheless, a very "dull" man. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Let's get it right. The Saville comment was a response to a comment. Nonetheless, a very "dull" man. 

And let’s get it right, the reason you think we are in trouble is because of his brillo pad-esque personality. That is what you said. That is what you led with.

If I was particularly fearful of a Starmer led government, and I also believed him to be both dull and having a weak stance on the penalty for child sex offenders, my opening and pressing concern would be the latter of those two.

You only wheeled out the old Saville thing when someone suggested that being dull wasn’t the worst thing in the world. So it would appear to be a secondary concern for you.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Dull is just fine. Better that than being a 'character' like BoJo. 

I dunno, I'm looking forward to Prime Minister Rylan doing his election hustings at the London Palladium in 2034. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HongKongVillan said:

Been just waiting for what the Reform has to say on their political broadcast, that's 5mins of my life I will not get back.

Screenshot_20240613-200153~2.png

What’s with the tissues?

what was you doing when you was watching it?!?

Do you need an intervention?!?!?!? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

And let’s get it right, the reason you think we are in trouble is because of his brillo pad-esque personality. That is what you said. That is what you led with.

If I was particularly fearful of a Starmer led government, and I also believed him to be both dull and having a weak stance on the penalty for child sex offenders, my opening and pressing concern would be the latter of those two.

You only wheeled out the old Saville thing when someone suggested that being dull wasn’t the worst thing in the world. So it would appear to be a secondary concern for you.

. Oh, dear me. Concerns are concerns regardless of the order in which you express them. Let's not be pedantic. There's plenty of other ways to fill the void. 

9 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I can't believe there isn't a party that's economically left wing but with a somewhat right wing foreign and immigration policy. One that wants -

Free tertiary education

Nationalised rail and buses, water, electricity and gas

Funded museums and libraries 

NHS and free elderly care

Stringent environmental regulations (no shit in rivers), investment in green energy including nuclear

Fairer tax brackets

But also -

Reduce non-student immigration to c.50k a year of highly skilled high taxpaying people and make immigration stricter overall - grow economy througu efficiency and productivity not just 'add more people'

Keep a nuclear deterrent 

Reverse armed forces cuts

Stop pandering to the petrostates and tell Russia to F off

Surely that party would go far?

Just had a Social Democratic Party leaflet through which after a brief read appears to tick this box.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

. Oh, dear me. Concerns are concerns regardless of the order in which you express them. Let's not be pedantic. There's plenty of other ways to fill the void. 

No I think I’ll be pedantic if I choose to be, thanks all the same.

If you’re just going to jump to “sAviLle!!” reasoning when someone gently challenges you, maybe just lead with that.

Or not, whatever.