limpid

General Election Results 2024  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. WHat will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/06/24 at 17:00

Oh and if you think this election is bonkers, check out some of the stuff that has already happened in the French one. I may start a new thread later

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

This is the only leaflet I've had through the door.  I don't really get the tactics behind it, do they think anything blue will just get thrown straight in the bin?

spacer.png

I had exactly the same layout from our local Tory. It's weird right?

No mention of Sunak, no picture of him at all and in very suspicious colour scheme.

• Like 1

Not seen any placards by me.

I was in the Shropshire Hills a week or so ago, a place called Clun*. Picturesque little “town” (about the size of village, really). A fair few Lib Dem cards on display in and around the place.

*unsure as to how similar this is to the term “clunge” that I’ll subsequently receive replies in the form of Jay from the inbetweeners.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Do we discuss manifestos in here or party threads?

Suprised there hasnt been any  comments on it yet.  Its the only one that matters at the end of the day. I think its rather safe. 

Edited by PaulC

I've only seen an overview of Labours manifesto but it seems given the dire state the country is in it is realistic, can't be described as over promising but nailed on to under deliver and perhaps most importantly at this stage, and understandably so given their huge poll lead, is sensible given there is nothing in it that will scare any horses.

Total opposite of some of the unrealistic, will never see light of day, trying to grab headlines nonsense in the Tory manifesto.

• Like 1

It is a very cautious manifesto, they are not even suggesting to join the single market which is ridiculous given how bad the UK economy is performing. I hope they just then do it on  the quiet when no one is looking. Us not being in Europe appears to be the unmentionable topic of the election which is the direct opposite of the last election of getting brexit done- and thus scarring our economic growth for years to come for the future generations. But there you go.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

This is the only leaflet I've had through the door.  I don't really get the tactics behind it, do they think anything blue will just get thrown straight in the bin?

spacer.png

If back to square one means 2010 I'll take it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

My days, we are in trouble. Starmer has the personality of a brillo pad. 

Rather have a dull leader than one with personality and lacking in morals.

Just now, Dodgyknees said:

Rather have a dull leader than one with personality and lacking in morals.

You mean the guy, who when in charge of the CPS, said he didn't realise the charges against Saville had been dropped. Just another wolf in sheep's clothing.