limpid

General Election Results 2024  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. WHat will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/06/24 at 17:00

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

The fact that they’re making these bets despite being on presumably 60k+ salaries (at least) is baffling. I can’t understand what the motive would be.

And the amounts aren't  exactly huge. I can only think it's a desire to use their power and privilege  to cheat the system for the thrill of it 

Or as @Bickster has said similar, they just can't help themselves 

Edited by one_ian_taylor

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Love it. Felt like it went quiet for a few days but the tories are back on their feet and self harming again.

Obviously July 4th / 5th is going to be dopamine hits through the roof when the whole thing comes crashing down, but I wonder once this is all over and the crashing boredom of who Starmer has made the Under-Secretary of State in charge of Food Recycling starts to hit us, whether we'll look back on this as the best times. 

Basically, this is as good as politics ever gets? 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, cyrusr said:

22c67ce0-2e8b-11ef-a044-9d4367d5b599.png

I mean its still 53 too many but we are getting there. The fact it alludes to both Sunak and Hunt potentially losing their seats as well :) 

Its also interesting that they do not have any Reform seats either, most MRP polls seem to be giving them the 1-3 seats.

It's  a bit optimistic of the Telegraph to say that Jeremy word removed is at risk of losing his seat. To quote  Devon Malcolm, "You guys are history".

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It would be so stupid if they genuinely placed the bets themselves.

If they really wanted to get a bet placed it would be far more sensible to get someone quite far away to do it.

Your suggestion didn't work out that well for Lucas Paqueta.

Allegedly.

3 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

And the amounts aren't  exactly huge. I can only think it's a desire to use their power and privilege  to cheat the system for the thrill of it 

Or as @Bickster has said similar, they just can't help themselves 

I can only imagine it’s for the thrill. They probably have an ingrained idea that they can never be held to account for anything. Obviously, greed makes sense, but the amounts of money won will be immaterial for them 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Allegedly.

We only know about the people that got caught.

Bit like drug smugglers.

Labour getting a warning before Sunak's "surprise" announcement because half the campaign team were looking to make an easy £50 is incredible

7 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Labour getting a warning before Sunak's "surprise" announcement because half the campaign team were looking to make an easy £50 is incredible

It’s one of those markets that seems to exist purely to catch out crooks.

A bit like “next manager or next club” in football. 

These markets should be banned imo.

37 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Allegedly.

While simply being geographically far away might not solve all of the problems, I feel like one could avoid a certain level of scrutiny by simply not picking mates who live on the island that you share a name with.

• Haha 1