limpid

General Election Results 2024  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. WHat will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/06/24 at 17:00

Just now, Davkaus said:

This Amy woman is a tory plant without a shadow of a doubt, we'll be seeing her outed in the next few days 

seeing as she started by saying I used to be a Tory party chair and a true blue I’m not sure we need Columbo for the job 

Mr student from Guildford had card carrying leftie plant written all over his face 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

seeing as she started by saying I used to be a Tory party chair and a true blue I’m not sure we need Columbo for the job 

I missed that bit :D 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He had to deal with the doctor because he was stupid enough to answer a question about the NHS by singling out the doctor who'd also given Starmer a hard time, and blaming him and his colleagues for all of the problems :D 

True enough , but  tbf , he has a point 😁

less striking and tik tok videos and we will have the waiting lists down in no time 😛

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The strikes account for a tiny percentage of the increased waiting lists. Even pre pandemic they had increased by 200% since 2010.

I was of course being slightly flippant

I guess I’d like to see a bit more context to how Labour got the waiting lists down and why the sudden increase almost from day one the Tories  took over 

but interestingly that graph doesn’t show a Brexit spike which I expected … it seems to actually show a decrease followed by the huge Covid spike 

Edited by tonyh29

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I was of course being slightly flippant

I guess I’d like to see a bit more context to how Labour got the waiting lists down and why the sudden increase almost from day one they took over 

but interestingly that graph doesn’t show a Brexit spike which I expected … it seems to actually show a decrease followed by the huge Covid spike 

I think the drop occurred when covid initially struck. I guess people weren't getting to the GP/going to referrals etc to be adding to the wasting list.

That what appears to be rapid drop under Labour is over 2-3 years as they were elected in 1997.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

So another bad night for Sunak according to the yougov snap poll

Three people in the audience changed their mind , 3 more Tory votes lost .. think the Labour poll lead is fairly safe after tonight 

I found interesting the audible gasp when Rigby read out the net migration from the last 3 years compared to the 3 years before Brexit.  It seemed like a lot of people got a reality check from that, in a heavily pro-Brexit city.

• Like 2

I don’t know why Starmer struggled so much to answer the questions about supporting Corbyn.

All he had to say was “we’ve all worked for people we don’t particular agree with or like but you do it because you’re a team player and it’s the team that matters”.

End of discussion.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I don’t know why Starmer struggled so much to answer the questions about supporting Corbyn.

All he had to say was “we’ve all worked for people we don’t particular agree with or like but you do it because you’re a team player and it’s the team that matters”.

End of discussion.

He’s too lawyerly

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

End of discussion.

Is it the team that matters, in politics? Is it doing the right thing by the party even if it means working towards policy you think is wrong? 

I'm not sure there was a good answer to that question tbh, from a tactical point of view, he just had to get out of it without giving one hint of being sympathetic to Corbyn, because that name is so toxic it'd cost him 10 points overnight.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Pretty sure it’s migration that’s the key issue in their demise. The numbers are damning. 

It's symptomatic of a wider problem. They spent a lot of the years 2016 - 2020 able to just say stuff, and that was enough to win elections.

The lesson that they seemed to learn from Brexit and Johnson is that it doesn't matter what they do, they just need to say the things people wanted to hear. Problem is, it wasn't just 14m people happy to run the country on a wave of Brexity vibes, they actually wanted results. 

Whether that was reduced immigration, redistribution of wealth, a reset of London-centric policymaking, improved infrastructure, an improvement in the cost of living - lots of people thought they were voting for things that would happen, rather than just "stuff we need to say today to win votes".

Now, the Tories can promise whatever they like - even the people who believed them before have stopped listening. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

In the same week as all the other parties!

Been waiting for Starmer to put something in writing, something he might be held to. It's been of more interest than Ed Davey's plans.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Been waiting for Starmer to put something in writing, something he might be held to. It's been of more interest than Ed Davey's plans.

C’mon he’s literally had his own website of pledges and promises and 5 point plans. 

It’s been his own written promises I’ve been quoting every time he’s gone back on one over the last 18 months.

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

C’mon he’s literally had his own website of pledges and promises and 5 point plans. 

It’s been his own written promises I’ve been quoting every time he’s gone back on one over the last 18 months.

Sadly yes, it's difficult not to take it all with a large pinch of salt, however specific the mainfesto will be. And I have a feeling it'll be more likely a set of vague directions they want to take rather than commitments.