limpid

General Election Results 2024  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. WHat will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/06/24 at 17:00

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

It says it all about GB news. People aren't tuning in to be informed they are tuning in to have their views affirmed.

The Alf Garnet's of this Country. I can hear the cry of their Neanderthal anthem, "Oh, Tommy Tommy, Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy Robinson." The working class right, who once rallied behind Nick er! Someone or other.

3 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Possibly. I mean we are talking such record lows for the Tories their system may not just handle it anymore. It'll be interesting come the final results just how close the MRPs really are and whether they need to amend their models or not. I don't know enough about the Plaid potentials (apart from what read on this forum from you and @chrisp65) so will trust you on that. 

It will also not be able to fully account for personal popularity of specific candidates either so that's why I thought the Clacton one was interesting as although suspect Reform will do well there (hence Farage sitting) the % seems really high still and I suspect that is more to do with the person rather than the party. 

I don’t think the boundary changes have been kind to Plaid.

Across Wales the boundary changes mean there will be substantially less MP’s.

I wouldn’t go with Llanelli personally, I’d put the 3rd constituency as Ynys Mon, but that would be a great result.

People will predominantly get their news from UK wide sources that will be relentlessly saying Labour are the only answer. Most people don’t engage enough to realise there are alternatives. I’m not saying that’s a good or a bad thing.

• Thanks 1

I'm not one to argue nationalist parties have answers for anything, but it's hard to look at Wales and justify voting for either of the big parties. No-one in Wales outside of the Gower perhaps and some nicer bits of Cardiff should be voting Tory, and Labour hasn't exactly helped out much either. Like a lot of the UK it's been abandoned by government and left to rumble on as it falls apart.

17 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'm not one to argue nationalist parties have answers for anything, but it's hard to look at Wales and justify voting for either of the big parties. No-one in Wales outside of the Gower perhaps and some nicer bits of Cardiff should be voting Tory, and Labour hasn't exactly helped out much either. Like a lot of the UK it's been abandoned by government and left to rumble on as it falls apart.

It was hard to look at Wales and justify them voting for Brexit but then the general public are a funny lot. Bless them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

This election campaign already seems to be dragging on and we're only just over half way through it. I assume this is the standard length?

I just checked and there are two leaders debates to go, both on BBC. One a Question Time 2 hour special with all the leaders and the other a head to head between Starmer and Sunak. I think compared to past elections interest in these debates is down already, throw in the euros now starting and clashes with games and I'd imagine interest will only get worse. 

Aside from Reform picking up a few % in the polls they have hardly shifted in 3 weeks. I'd be amazed if we see any seismic shifts now and fully expect the final result to be similar to what the polls predicted right at the start of this campaign. 

Its been poor. Starmer and sunak both cowards not facing the other parties sending their no 2s in their place where both have not impressed

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It was hard to look at Wales and justify them voting for Brexit but then the general public are a funny lot. Bless them.

True. But then Brexit was a silly vote and very few actually understood what it meant (including those campaigning for it) so you can't draw many conclusions. 

At the end of the day I don't think you can look at Wales and blame many residents for telling 'the parties of government' to shove it.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its been poor. Starmer and sunak both cowards not facing the other parties sending their no 2s in their place where both have not impressed

Not true. They have faced each other and will again.

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Its the little things...the lies you think will go unnoticed...

I'd love to see someone quiz him on this: 

Which part of the ground did you go in? 

Who was your favourite player? 

Who was your best manager? 

Favourite kit/season? 

Most memorable match? 

Even the most casual supporter would be able to answer those questions.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The guy I’m voting for will come 4th with 5% of the vote.

But you will be comfortable with your conscience I suspect. I really want to vote green but this is a chance to get rid of the Tory. 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

When did did starmer and rishi face the other 5 parties ?

Why would they? How many party leaders were actually in those debates?

Just now, bickster said:

Why would they? How many party leaders were actually in those debates?

But that wasnt my question you said it wasnt true what i wrote and im asking when did starmer and sunak appear in a tv debate with lib dems SNP reform greens and plaid cymru?

The ones ive seen its been rayner and mordaunt who stepped in their place?

Just now, Demitri_C said:

But that wasnt my question you said it wasnt true what i wrote and im asking when did starmer and sunak appear in a tv debate with lib dems SNP reform greens and plaid cymru?

The ones ive seen its been rayner and mordaunt who stepped in their place?

They aren’t leader debates

Just now, bickster said:

They aren’t leader debates

So in other words i wasnt wrong thanks for clarifying that. 🙂 

But if you look at history cameron  and milband both turned up in multi party tv debates. Boris bottled the last one from what i remember so for me  they are leaders of their parties and both cowards for not turning up to these debates. 

Its like your boss knowing he has a tough meeting because his team isnt performing so he sends you as the more senior member of the team to deal with it instead of him

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'd love to see someone quiz him on this: 

Which part of the ground did you go in? 

Who was your favourite player? 

Who was your best manager? 

Favourite kit/season? 

Most memorable match? 

Even the most casual supporter would be able to answer those questions.  

I hope they don't, as it really doesn't matter. While journalists believe that their whole point is to get viral "gotcha" moments on trivial stuff, politicians are going to make sure they say nothing that could possibly get them into trouble. 

The sooner both of those things stop being how the media / politics relationship works, the better. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

But you will be comfortable with your conscience I suspect. I really want to vote green but this is a chance to get rid of the Tory. 

I’ve played tactical voting, I’ve voted Labour when Labour supporters didn’t.

If I vote for centrist brit nats, I can’t really complain when I get centrist brit nats.

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So in other words i wasnt wrong thanks for clarifying that. 🙂 

But if you look at history cameron  and milband both turned up in multi party tv debates. Boris bottled the last one from what i remember so for me  they are leaders of their parties and both cowards for not turning up to these debates. 

Its like your boss knowing he has a tough meeting because his team isnt performing so he sends you as the more senior member of the team to deal with it instead of him

Trust me, if Starmer and Sunak attended ALL the debates you'd be absolutely sick of them more than you are now.

Firstly, I'm largely of the opinion that there are too many debates, I's be perfectly happy with none. Just like it always used to be by the way, they are a modern phenomenon from the last few elections

If they are as badly moderated as all of them have been so far then they are utterly pointless.

There are far better ways for parties to get their message across than these debates, not one of them has shifted public opinion much at all

• Like 2