limpid

General Election Results 2024  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. WHat will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/06/24 at 17:00

A new one each week to keep the poll relevant.

The party specific stuff can go on the party specific threads (but there will be some overlap). This is more for general stuff about the election, like the horrifying backstories of candidates.

I've tweaked the number ranges based on last week's poll.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Beth Rigby's got Kier on the ropes inside 6 minutes

He’s too much of a lawyer trying to explain the answer before giving the answer. The whole tax issue could have been easily answered straight away “not raising NI, Income Tax and VAT” and 3 of the main taxes would have actually cut through.

His lines of dad is a tool maker etc. are also not landing (could have told his team before the 1st debate anyway).

• Like 1

Starmer does have the advantage of going first because the shitshow that is bound to follow will be worse and more memorable 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

He’s too much of a lawyer trying to explain the answer before giving the answer. The whole tax issue could have been easily answered straight away “not raising NI, Income Tax and VAT” and 3 of the main taxes would have actually cut through.

His lines of dad is a tool maker etc. are also not landing (could have told his team before the 1st debate anyway).

It's the first time I've heard him pressed directly on the shifting pledges and he didn't come across very well for me in the first ten minutes

The audience openly laughing at the toolmaker thing should hopefully send a message. I wonder if Sunak will be stupid enough to bring up what his mum did...

Talking of shitshows, Sunak is live tweeting from the Tory account whilst Starmer is on. Three tweets so far, not really worthy of mention but it’s just a bit f***ing rude if you ask me.

How are you going to fund it ?

rambles about what he will do with more reception schools , fixing pot holes etc whilst not mentioning once how he would pay for it 

and gets a round of applause 

where’s the milkshake when you need it 

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I wonder if Sunak will be stupid enough to bring up what his mum did...

Nah, he’s one of them. He didn’t have Sky…

• Haha 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

Beth Rigby needs to shut the **** up.

At least he’s only having to deal with only 1 person interrupting. 

And yeah he’s struggling massively with the funding point. 

• Like 1

Eye of the beholder of course , but he did a far better job with Beth than Starmer 

but having a junior doctor shouting out every 30 seconds isn’t going to help him

but he might just as well have gone on there and played the spoons , he’s not going to sway anyone , 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

but having a junior doctor shouting out every 30 seconds isn’t going to help him

He had to deal with the doctor because he was stupid enough to answer a question about the NHS by singling out the doctor who'd also given Starmer a hard time, and blaming him and his colleagues for all of the problems :D 

• Like 1