Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

15 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

801 minutes of football Last season and can only muster up 3 minutes of highlights. We are getting ripped off  

Speak to my missus, she will totally sympathise with you brother.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

He won’t be playing left back, he’s Zaniolos replacement in the squad.

Na thats buendia i think

Edited by Demitri_C

Get the feeling we are replacing our LB’s (both to be moved on) with Maatsen and this guy, especially with how attack minded Unai likes the player in that position to be… Iling-Jr could seemingly adapt to that role/position and appears to be able to defend.

Which may also mean we persevere/persist with more of a defensive or hybrid RB/CB in the main… Ezri and someone like Todibo may be required to stay there rather than a more traditional right back… Cash to be sold.

Possibly bring in a dominant out-and-out CB too, if we move Carlos on (needs to stay fit if he wants to stick around, too fragile). Mings and another, competing to partner Pau…

Wonder where Nedeljkovic would fit in, in that case… maybe we switch it up from time to time.

There may be an intention to replace the older players with young talents, with high potential and longevity… building a team to last and for the future.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Get the feeling we are replacing our LB’s (both to be moved on) with Maatsen and this guy, especially with how attack minded Unai likes the player in that position to be… Iling-Jr could seemingly adapt to that role/position and appears to be able to defend.

Which may also mean we persevere/persist with more of a defensive or hybrid RB/CB in the main… Ezri and someone like Todibo may be required to stay there rather than a more traditional right back… Cash to be sold.

Possibly bring in a dominant out-and-out CB too, if we move Carlos on (needs to stay fit if he wants to stick around, too fragile). Mings and another, competing to partner Pau…

Wonder where Nedeljkovic would fit in, in that case… maybe we switch it up from time to time.

There may be an intention to replace the older players with young talents, with high potential and longevity… building a team to last and for the future.

Kounde at Barca had a great 23/24 season as a RCB mostly playing at RB. I don’t know how much Barca would want for him but he’d be amazing for that hybrid role. 

12 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

All clips are from the season just gone.

He doesn't look very good tbh, but then again Morgan Rogers didn't look like anything special before Unai got ahold of him

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He doesn't look very good tbh, but then again Morgan Rogers didn't look like anything special before Unai got ahold of him

I agree, it’s difficult to assess players before they’ve have a sprinkling of Unai magic dust. UTV!!!!

He is only 20 to be fair, our own Ollie Watkins was at Weston Super Mare on loan when he was 20… a lot can happen with good raw ingredients and good coaching, and a bit of patience :) 

I think anyone expecting the finished article will be disappointed, I think he’ll be much less ready than Roger’s. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

To be fair there should be a lot more assists in the video - not really his fault that the attackers kept doing their best impressions of Keinan and somehow managing to hit everything except the back of the net.

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

where does under 10m come from?

Athletic report that Juve pay 50m euros up front for Dougie. In return, we buy Samuel and Enzo combined for 22m euros.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Athletic report that Juve pay 50m euros up front for Dougie. In return, we buy Samuel and Enzo combined for 22m euros.

ah ok, thanks.

On 22/06/2024 at 00:31, Jas10 said:

Hopefully building a team that lasts for the ages and fills us with joy. UTV!!!!!😊😊😊😊

12 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Under £10m is a serious bargain

It’s a swap deal. The number you put on his proportion of the deal is fairly abstract. The main thing is the cash we are receiving for Luiz on top of the two players.

Having said that, he’s a young player with very few minutes under his belt and only one year left on his deal so a €10m valuation is probably fair. 

Do we think Rogers will push forward to support striker and Ramsey and Iling Junior will be the two main options on the left? 

Also got Buendia and McGinn that can play on the left as well I suppose 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Under £10m is a serious bargain

Considering he only has 12 months left on his contract and has only started 5 senior games I'd say it's OK-ish. If he turns into a great player then yeah it would be a bargain.

Â