Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

4 hours ago, East London Villa said:

Count me in as one of the people that think he's being signed primarily as a left wing back. I think we'll sell both Digne and Moreno, Maatsen will be first choice with Iling-Junior as cover.

Emery couldn't play it on the pitch all of the time last season due to personnel issues, but his preferred system has the "left back" way up with the front 3 in possession alongside Watkins and Bailey. The midfield form a box in front of the back 3 and that would include Ramsey/Rogers as the inside left attacking midfielder making room for that super attacking left wing back.

However his versatility is clearly a positive and I'm not going to be disappointed if I'm wrong and he's mostly a wing option, with one of Digne/Moreno kept around as cover for Maatsen. I just don't think that will happen because we will be overloaded in attacking midfield positions - too many to register for a Champions League squad.

I don’t think so, with who we’re expected to sell/release I think we still can add all of our main squad whoever we get. Possibly the Everton guy could go on loan though if needed.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Every pic of this kid I've seen seems like he's having a flashback from Nam. I hope he's OK.

Vietnam, se se Saigon, Vietnam, se se Saigon

He’s 19 years old as well, I think

A bullet with his name on it came whistling through the bush , but a big marine caught it with his hand just like it was a fly

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Emery loves these signings where you aren't quite initially sure what the plan is for the player, doesn't he? Tielemans last summer, Barkley this summer and now this deal, to an extent. It worked out great with Tielemans, fingers crossed it works out here.

On 20/06/2024 at 15:09, Demitri_C said:

Im pretty sure moreno/digne or even both will be leaving. No chance we sre having 3 left backs. My money is moreno 

Is injury record been poor since he came here. Of both went could be left back cover

He won’t be playing left back, he’s Zaniolos replacement in the squad.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He won’t be playing left back, he’s Zaniolos replacement in the squad.

I"m not sure - when we got Zaniolo in we didn't have Rogers and when Rogers arrived we didn't have Ramsey, and now we've got Buendia back too.

I think Zaniolo has already been replaced.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I"m not sure - when we got Zaniolo in we didn't have Rogers and when Rogers arrived we didn't have Ramsey, and now we've got Buendia back too.

I think Zaniolo has already been replaced.

Would have liked to have kept Zaniolo. :( 

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

All clips are from the season just gone.

801 minutes of football Last season and can only muster up 3 minutes of highlights. We are getting ripped off  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He looks like a big lad, him and Rogers swatting right backs like flys. 

Trippier, sorry, not sorry 

Very quick over the first few yards and happy to either hit the byline or cut back inside, could be very difficult to defend against with the right coaching 

Â