Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Well no Matty Cash killed him at one stage and got death threats so he was injured for a bit.

But when fit he is one of the key players

Jesus, fair play to Spurs physios.

On 11/06/2024 at 14:26, Zatman said:

He is one of Spurs best and most important players

You aren’t technically wrong but it’s funny to me they were top of the table winning every game he was out (first ten games), then slowly imploded after he came back.

This is our Django Unchained transfer. All the fuss is about Weston and Dougie and we are going trying to stroll out with our real target and a wad of cash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Straggler said:

All the fuss is about Weston and Dougie and we are going trying to stroll out with our real target and a wad of cash.

I have a sneaky feeling this is kind of true

Can he definitely play full back? According to Transfermarkt he's played zero senior games there?

60 at LW

39 at LM

7 at RW

3 at CM

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Can he definitely play full back? According to Transfermarkt he's played zero senior games there?

60 at LW

39 at LM

7 at RW

3 at CM

He played LWB/Defensive LM a fair amount last season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

60 at LW

39 at LM

7 at RW

3 at CM

He was utilised there last season as a LWB. He's only young so no idea exactly what Emery is planning. Diaby was a wide forward and then played centrally as a 10 for us. Emery does Emery things. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He looks lively and aggressive to me (not in a fouling way in an attacking sense) - we need some of that.

Whilst he can be defensive it’s his attacking exclusivity that will be most interesting to see. He’s hard to pin down as he’s just as much a traditional left midfielder too. Can play across the line. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

60 at LW

39 at LM

7 at RW

3 at CM

According to Transfermarkt he has played LB for England U21 two times, perhaps it's in the England U21 team he has caught the eye of our scouts?

And in the last game in March in the win against Luxemburg he scored two goals playing LB (also the game where Morgan Rogers scored two).

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

According to Transfermarkt he has played LB for England U21 two times, perhaps it's in the England U21 team he has caught the eye of our scouts?

And in the last game in March in the win against Luxemburg he scored two goals playing LB (also the game where Morgan Rogers scored two).

Illing jr is a well known young player, there is probably no english PL team that doesnt know him inside out.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

England have issues at left back 

Wonder if under emerys guidance he can break in and be an option at left back?

I’ve never seen him play, yet I already know he’s better than Luke Shaw 

• Thanks 1

Â