Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

Just now, VillaChris said:

Can he play v us in the CL?

Coutinho played against Barca for Bayern a few years back so I think so. European rules are different to Prem when it comes to loans.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The_Steve said:

He does yes! He almost joined us too but he couldn’t turn down playing for his home team Bologna. He’s been a fan of us since 81 which is much older than me so fair play. What a keeper he was back in the day. 

Great keeper but apparently was quite racist to Paul Ince when played together. Puts a dent on things

Edited by Zatman

8 hours ago, The_Steve said:

He’s a prospect. There’s absolutely no reason SIJ won’t get game time. He’s all across their socials. 

If he was a regular squad player for Juventus I think he'll get plenty of game time at a Bologna who've lost half their regular team from last year.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Can he play v us in the CL?

Depends if Villa pre-empted this and wrote a clause in his contract. 

My guess is they would have the clause preventing him from playing

On 24/08/2024 at 05:42, abdulaziz1 said:

That’s a good loan with a good team. Hope he shows his ability as he’s still young and can’t be written off. 
Last thing we need is to play against him in CL, which usually ends up him scoring against us. 😅

😅😅

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

'Selected to the squad' does not round right.

"Selected for" would work. Or "Added to". But you're right, seems like the admin today is a kid.  Would align with them posting loads more stories than normal.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Coutinho played against Barca for Bayern a few years back so I think so. European rules are different to Prem when it comes to loans.

Fernando Morientes banged a few in to knock Real Madrid out when he was on loan at Monaco a few years back😬

• Like 1

On 29/08/2024 at 18:14, AndyM3000 said:

Even if there isn't anything I'm the rules to stop him playing we might have put something in the loan contract that states he can't play against us. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Might end up doing a Saka. Left mid, left back, left wing back….BANG.. Attacking right wing.

loves to cut in on his left so makes sense. 

He seemed very at home on the right last night. Loved his energy and pace. A bit one dimensional with his left at times, but just needs more coaching. He’s got a bright future I think. 

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He seemed very at home on the right last night. Loved his energy and pace. A bit one dimensional with his left at times, but just needs more coaching. He’s got a bright future I think. 

That's interesting, all the other comments on him suggested he was rubbish.

Yours seems the more reasoned summary of his game, especially if he helped create Rogers' second. 

Opinions hey! Didn't see any of it so haven't got one myself 🤔.

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yours seems the more reasoned summary of his game, especially if he helped create Rogers' second. 

He was excellent, had their left back on toast on multiple occasions and provided defence splitting passes twice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He wasn't rubbish at all. He wasn't as involved as Rogers or some other players but he was absolutely fine. Some really nice bits of play. 

I definitely think he'll end up as a right sided attacker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â