Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

What if he plays 28 matches, smashes it, plays 6 games in the CL, and Chelsea bid £85 million for him in the summer? 

Abject failure.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Bologna have not made a great start in Italy but will be up against Ndoye for left wing spot who had a good Euros

He should get game time at least

The problem with Bologna is that their coach left for Juventus, so it's a coin flip as to how they are going to perform both in Serie A, as well as the Champions League.

I don't doubt Iling-Juniors talent & potential though. Hopefully he can take the Bologna experience & grow himself so that he becomes a challenger for a spot next season when he arrives back to Villa. His versatility along that left hand side could be invaluable in a squad sense. 

3 minutes ago, Andy_10 said:

The problem with Bologna is that their coach left for Juventus, so it's a coin flip as to how they are going to perform both in Serie A, as well as the Champions League.

I don't doubt Iling-Juniors talent & potential though. Hopefully he can take the Bologna experience & grow himself so that he becomes a challenger for a spot next season when he arrives back to Villa. His versatility along that left hand side could be invaluable in a squad sense. 

I expect Bologna to struggle this season, probably not relegation struggle but way down the table

Not conviced they picked the right manager

Happy with him to get this loan, they're thin in the wing positions so a position they'll need to bolster. Think realistically N'Doye and Orsolini will both prefer to be on the right wing and in that case he has to out-perform Karlsson on the left.

In terms of transfers, the only person they've lost on the wings from last season is Saelemaekers, who was also on loan with them last year. He ended the season having played nearly 2100 minutes and only missed games through suspension or injury. So if he's essentially a direct replacement that allows N'Doye or Orsolini to move to the right then there's every reason he becomes a staple of the side. 

Think he simply needs to play well and avoid injury to play most minutes this season. They've got at minimum 8 more games than last year as well. 

Edited by skarroki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, skarroki said:

Happy with him to get this loan, they're thin in the wing positions so a position they'll need to bolster. Think realistically N'Doye and Orsolini will both prefer to be on the right wing and in that case he has to out-perform Karlsson on the left.

In terms of transfers, the only person they've lost on the wings from last season is Saelemaekers, who was also on loan with them last year. He ended the season having played nearly 2100 minutes and only missed games through suspension or injury. So if he's essentially a direct replacement that allows N'Doye or Orsolini to move to the right then there's no reason he becomes a staple of the side. 

Think he simply needs to play well and avoid injury to play most minutes this season. No reason for him to be dropped unless he's doing poorly, consistently. They've got at minimum 8 more games than last year as well. 

I don't see Orsolini being dropped, and agree on N'Doye preferring the right - he was pretty good for the Swiss on the left though. 

If SIJ ousts him, he's doing well IMO. Similar situation at left back with Miranda really.

It's a great club and a high level, but this is not good if we're sending him there as a flexible option who can cover 20 mins here and there for them.

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't see Orsolini being dropped, and agree on N'Doye preferring the right - he was pretty good for the Swiss on the left though. 

If SIJ ousts him, he's doing well IMO. Similar situation at left back with Miranda really.

It's a great club and a high level, but this is not good if we're sending him there as a flexible option who can cover 20 mins here and there for them.

I won't be happy with covering but between the three wingers they all got around 2,000 minutes each last season which I think would be great for Iling-Jr and I think with their extra games he should get at least that. Karlsson managed 500 mins too even though he couldn't make it off the bench most the time.

For our sake, hopefully Motta and Italiano agree that Karlsson is the bottom of the pecking order. 

So 2,000 mins I think is the aim but completely agree it's a wasted loan if he barely plays. In terms of development though good for him to have genuine competition and not just getting game time and being terrible but having no-one close to challenging him. He'll come back a genuine squad option for us if he can become a mainstay at a fellow CL club. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I expect Bologna to struggle this season, probably not relegation struggle but way down the table

Not conviced they picked the right manager

I have to admit that I don't know anything about their new manager, but I would think that losing Zirkzee & Calafiori is a huge loss for them.

They have also purchased a lot of players, including Iling-Junior, so I imagine thats also going to be a challenge for the new manager.

That might make Iling-Juniors talents stand out, who knows?

It will be interesting to see what happens & TNT cover a lot of Serie A games, so will keep my eye out on him.

Bologna just signed Benja Dominguez, 20 year old left winger. Had seen rumours and thought he was the backup choice. Really throws a spanner in the works for SIJs chances, he needs to shine. 

7 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

If he cant break into the Bologna starting 11 without sounding big headed here, he;ll never break into the Villa's. 

The fact he's on loan would hamper him though, teams rather put the work into their own player development

How much did he actually cost? 

I’ve got no problem with loaning him out or if he never plays for Villa it’s just how long he needs to be around to make a profit.

49 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

£11.8m I think. Just a few mil more than Lewis Dobbin for context.

The price in euros was €11.9m so we paid £10m or less (exchange rate depending). 

• Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

Hasn't their former keeper Pagliuca got a Villa tattoo?

He does yes! He almost joined us too but he couldn’t turn down playing for his home team Bologna. He’s been a fan of us since 81 which is much older than me so fair play. What a keeper he was back in the day. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, skarroki said:

Bologna just signed Benja Dominguez, 20 year old left winger. Had seen rumours and thought he was the backup choice. Really throws a spanner in the works for SIJs chances, he needs to shine. 

Oh dear 

15 hours ago, skarroki said:

He’s a prospect. There’s absolutely no reason SIJ won’t get game time. He’s all across their socials. 

22 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s a prospect. There’s absolutely no reason SIJ won’t get game time. He’s all across their socials. 

Just meant that there is now another person competing for his spot and game time. Theyre pretty much the same age too. If SIJ isn't playing well enough there's no reason they wouldn't give Benja a try considering how well he performed in Argentina at such a young age. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â