Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

never say never, but i would bet my own money that he will be a LM/LW type, or a LWB at a push, no way a LB imo.

Problem here for him is that it's ones of our strongest areas.

So I was thinking of a path way for him.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

i guess his pathway is excelling on loan, and maybe we sell someone in the summer that creates a gap?, which he may be able to fill if he proves himself capable.

Im open to being completely wrong, but i personally dont think he will ever be any more than a squad player for us (unless we take a nose dive in our trajectory under Emery).

I think he will only ever be a squad player for us (at best), or a loan player we develop and sell on at some point in the next 2-3 years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tayls said:

Im confused as to why we signed him to just send him back on loan to the league in which we signed him from… and signing him was to help push the Dougie deal through? 

What is confusing? 

That’s a good loan with a good team. Hope he shows his ability as he’s still young and can’t be written off. 
Last thing we need is to play against him in CL, which usually ends up him scoring against us. 😅

€500,000 in loan fee and €1.5m of his wages (whatever the % of his total salary that is) according to Italian gossips.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Loanees don’t usually play against their parent clubs, I’m sure it’s written into the agreements. Otherwise yes, he’d probably score a hat-trick!

Can in Europe afaik. 

Exactly. We got him on the cheap, and if he has a good season then he'll easily be worth double what we paid.

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Could easily move to the right if he starts excelling. His dribbling will have to develop and I don't know much about his right foot to get to the byline for cutbacks. But that's an obvious pathway if we are saying Ramsey, Rogers and Philogene are all more naturally left sided players. 

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Perfect deal for him… if he has a cracking season then we could double our money without him playing for us like too. Did with Minteh 

Well he's worth significantly more than what we paid for him anyway. It was just artificially deflated because of the Luiz deal. I sort of view it as 40 mil for Barrenechea and Iling-Junior and 70 mil for Luiz. But we each hacked off 20 mil for psr reasons. Iling was probably worth 25 mil after his last season. If he has a great year he could be worth 40-50 mil easy as a 21 year old. 

But then if he has a cracking year I doubt we sell him and instead bring him in as a RW for next season 

Bologna have not made a great start in Italy but will be up against Ndoye for left wing spot who had a good Euros

He should get game time at least

On 24/08/2024 at 12:19, sne said:

€500,000 in loan fee and €1.5m of his wages (whatever the % of his total salary that is) according to Italian gossips.

£24k a week in wages. I'd hope that's max 50% considering the lack of experience he has and the value of the transfer at ~£9m ,

But could well be a lower percentage than that nowadays

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not for Aston Villa if he doesn't play 30+ matches.

What if he plays 28 matches, smashes it, plays 6 games in the CL, and Chelsea bid £85 million for him in the summer? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â