Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

He played leftback/wingback for Juventus before he played there for England U21, also I watched the game against Luxembourg and for most of the match, he was every where on the left hand side but leftback, was on the wing, in central midfield and through the middle - along with Madueke was England's main threat in that game; he also played leftback for Chelsea's academy, but he's got his reputation for being a promising youngster from his performances as a winger/wide forward

31 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Im confused as to why we signed him to just send him back on loan to the league in which we signed him from… and signing him was to help push the Dougie deal through? 

Signed a top talent that's why. Can sell him for profit or use him next season 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Signed a top talent that's why. Can sell him for profit or use him next season 

Here's hoping.

This is a large part of what football is now. He’s a high potential player but not ready for our first team yet, which is no disgrace considering the level we’re at. Loan him out to gain experience at a decent level and he will either become good enough to join our first team squad or his value will go up and we make a profit on him. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, useless said:

We did want him, originally the deal was just Weston Mckennie plus money, but we specifically asked for Iling-Junior to be included as we had been tracking him for a long time, this is according to Jacob Tanswell, who is pretty reliable, and it's somewhat too specific for him to just make up.

And we won't be selling him on the cheap, not sure how much evidence people need that he's an highly rated prospect, with lots of potential, not just some random player we took because we had no choice

One of the standout players for England throughout the age groups, watching him in the recent U21 games and he looks just as good as any other attacker you can name in that age group, including our own Philogene and Rogers, started playing for Juventus at eighteen, and has a decent amount of game time for them for a player of his age, signed by us as a Champions League club, and now seemingly going on loan to another Champions League Club

Meh! Has potential, always was going to go out on loan to get more game time.  Reassess next year whether we sell, loan or whether he can make an impact on the squad.  Has potential but needs to step up a few gears otherwise will be an asset to be sold.  Really hope he steps up though.

• Like 1

We've bought a potential first team player for the future and are now loaning him out to get him some first team experience playing regularly for a season. It's good business from the club rather than having him on the bench or missing out on the matchday squad. Hopefully he has a great season and comes back into preseason as an option for us on the left hand side.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I don't even think we wanted him, just signed him and Enzo to push through the Luiz deal whilst we could. I expect both will be sold cheap next season. 

He's going on loan to a Champions League team. I doubt we'll sell him for cheap. 

• Like 3

Bologna were excellent last season but have been somewhat raided this summer as a consequence, losing Zirkzee, Calafiori and possibly most importantly their manager in Thiago Motta. Was going to be interesting to see how they got on this season regardless, but even more so now from a Villa perspective. I think this is a great opportunity for Iling-Junior, it's a chance to get good minutes for a decent side playing in what is the second best league in the world as well as the Champions League.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

I don't even think we wanted him, just signed him and Enzo to push through the Luiz deal whilst we could. I expect both will be sold cheap next season. 

He's young and has talent. I think we'll park him out for a season (and he will be playing in CL for Bologna so it's a pretty good loan) and then he'll come back into contention when Digne moves on next season. I'm also not totally convinced Ramsey will be here next season either so suddenly the stacked left side starts to thin out a bit.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wonder if , say Digne leaves end of season, Iling can come back as an LB or LWB with Maatsen. Or does he only really excel on wing?

never say never, but i would bet my own money that he will be a LM/LW type, or a LWB at a push, no way a LB imo.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â