Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, viivvaa66 said:

It’s unlikely that he will be a regular for us, we have better already in the squad. The only think that can save this transfer is if we can sell him next summer for a large profit.

He’s just turned 20. He’s significantly younger than the likes of Kaine Kesler. We have no idea what his ceiling is.

28 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s just turned 20. He’s significantly younger than the likes of Kaine Kesler. We have no idea what his ceiling is.

A Loan to the right club abroad where he will play regular minutes is exactly what he needs. Comes back 21yo and hopefully a fruitful season under his belt. Look at what quality players Chelsea have who went on Loan in Europe. Maatsen a recent example

• Like 1

We specifically asked for him to be part of the Luiz deal, the original offer was money plus McKennie, but we asked for Iling because we had already been tracking him for a long time. The club obviously rate him, and won't have changed their minds based on a few meaninglss pre-season games, if he goes out on loan it wll be for his development, doesn't mean he's not wanted, just like if one of our academy products goes out on loan, that doesn't mean that they're not wanted, it's to benefit them and us.

I think what has happened is that when we signed him we needed another winger for the squad, having him as part of the Luiz deal was a good opportunity as the club have been tracking him and obviously rate him, this was before we signed Philogene, and at that point we probably didn't know that we would be bringing Philogene back, as Hull chairman had been publicly saying he wouldn't be sold for less than £30m, but then when Hull accepted a much lower bid, it would have been crazy for us not to use our matching rights clause to bring him back, especially considering we essentially had a sell on fee, meaning Hull had to give us some of the transfer fee back

Ideally we could probably still do with him as part of the squad for this season, that the club is willing to sacrifice that for his development, I think shows how much they rate him as a future player

• Like 2

Southampton would be a good fit with their style. Not sure how many left sided players they have but they're currently playing 3-5-2 so would fit what Juve were doing last few seasons.

We have relations with them from selling Cam so wouldn't surprise me if we offered them him in the next week.

He's played games for Juve so not sure the championship is the right league at this stage, that's a more logical step for Bogarde currently.

He'll come more into contention in 12 months as Digne will leave and who knows Ramsey might be next summer's Luiz.

Edited by VillaChris

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Southampton would be a good fit with their style. Not sure how many left sided players they have but they're currently playing 3-5-2 so would fit what Juve were doing last few seasons.

We have relations with them from selling Cam so wouldn't surprise me if we offered them him in the next week.

He's played games for Juve so not sure the championship is the right league at this stage, that's a more logical step for Bogarde currently.

he cant be loaned to a PL team, apparently.

Just now, MaVilla said:

he cant be loaned to a PL team, apparently.

Oh...that's frustrating.

See what the interest is from abroad then. They'll be plenty of interest in a former Juventus squad player.

Bologna would be a good loan for European experience and just far more game time than he'll likely get here. A few bright performances in the CL could put him in the shop window/raise his value should we look to move him on in a few years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Bologna would be a good loan for European experience and just far more game time than he'll likely get here. A few bright performances in the CL could put him in the shop window/raise his value should we look to move him on in a few years.

Or better still help him develop into a top player for us.

• Thanks 2

Juan Miranda or Lykogiannis will likely start at LB for them. Jesper Karlsson kinda flopped, partly due to injuries and Motta didn't play him but no idea how the new manager feels. Ndoye started at LW last game.

Doubt Illing-jr will be more than a rotation player if he goes there but they have a lot of games so that's fine.

Im confused as to why we signed him to just send him back on loan to the league in which we signed him from… and signing him was to help push the Dougie deal through? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Im confused as to why we signed him to just send him back on loan to the league in which we signed him from… and signing him was to help push the Dougie deal through? 

Possibly Sausage Related

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Juan Miranda or Lykogiannis will likely start at LB for them. Jesper Karlsson kinda flopped, partly due to injuries and Motta didn't play him but no idea how the new manager feels. Ndoye started at LW last game.

Doubt Illing-jr will be more than a rotation player if he goes there but they have a lot of games so that's fine.

Iling-Junior is naturally a LM. He only moved to LB for Juventus after he had a decent game for England U20 at LB & he scored 2 against Luxembourg. 
His heat map for last season however has him more at LM/LW than LB, so I assume that he will be going to Bologna primarily as a LM, but with cover for LB if needed.
Similar to how I see his future for Villa. 

Here is a link to his statistics & heat map for last season at Juventus, with drop down menus for the separate tournaments & previous season.

Edited by Andy_10
Missed a point.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Andy_10 said:

Iling-Junior is naturally a LM. He only moved to LB for Juventus after he had a decent game for England U20 at LB & he scored 2 against Luxembourg. 
His heat map for last season however has him more at LM/LW than LB, so I assume that he will be going to Bologna primarily as a LM, but with cover for LB if needed.
Similar to how I see his future for Villa. 

Here is a link to his statistics & heat map for last season at Juventus, with drop down menus for the separate tournaments & previous season.

Yeah I know, not sure why people seem convinced he will become a LB rather than LM/LW going forward. Seem likely he will be used further up the pitch at Bologna if he goes there.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â