Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

3 hours ago, Wes said:

I suggested he should go out on loan a few pages back, and quite a few of you jumped one me.

It was fairly obvious to me he was not ready for first team football for us

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I suggested he should go out on loan a few pages back, and quite a few of you jumped one me.

It was fairly obvious to me he was not ready for first team football for us

I just couldn't see him going on Loan this summer, but thinking about it more it's not like Nedeljkovic and coming to a new country. Iling Junior is English

11 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I think an English club would be better in this case....would help acclimatise him.

He is English. Not sure he needs acclimatising. We are not allowed to loan him out to premier league anyway, so championship was the only option in England.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

He is English. Not sure he needs acclimatising. We are not allowed to loan him out to premier league anyway, so championship was the only option in England.

He will need acclimatising to the game over here,  he will only have played at youth level.

A championship loan would do him well.

I don't think he needs Championship after breaking into the starting eleven at Juventus. Either a loan at a lower level Prem club or as has been said, out to Germany, Netherlands, or Belgium.

1 minute ago, peterw said:

I don't think he needs Championship after breaking into the starting eleven at Juventus. Either a loan at a lower level Prem club or as has been said, out to Germany, Netherlands, or Belgium.

I dont think a full championship season for a team competing at the top would be a bad thing, he was hardly a regular at Juve and look at the intrest Jaden had off the back of that type of breakout season where you are the main man

Not a regular, no, but had broken into one of the top teams in one of the top leagues in Europe. For both him, and more importantly us, a Championship loan offers nothing. he won't improve there so needs regular top flight football in a competitive league.

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wonder if we will want whichever club he goes to to play him as a left back.  If he could get a season doing it and be ready to take over from Digne it would be a smart move.

Aston Villa close in on £35m deal for Chelsea defender Ian Maatsen

11 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wonder if we will want whichever club he goes to to play him as a left back.  If he could get a season doing it and be ready to take over from Digne it would be a smart move.

Doubt it, that’s not his main position. We will want him to be attacking. 

8 minutes ago, a-k said:

Aston Villa close in on £35m deal for Chelsea defender Ian Maatsen

He's taken Moreno's place already, I suspect we will look to move Digne on when the squad cost rule comes into play when Maatsen should have the first choice spot nailed down.  SIJ may well not even be in Unai's plan to turn into an attacking left back anyway, just thinking aloud.

47 minutes ago, peterw said:

Can't Loan a player to another PL club in same window you signed them. 

Loan abroad to the right club will do him well. A season back in Italy for example. 

Championship loan would be better than Serie A or La Liga. It's more similar to the PL and more competitive than those leagues anyway.

This has some way to go to become a successful transfer. Looked strange from the off taking unwanted players in positions we didn't need instead of positions we did need.

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Championship loan would be better than Serie A or La Liga. It's more similar to the PL and more competitive than those leagues anyway.

This has some way to go to become a successful transfer. Looked strange from the off taking unwanted players in positions we didn't need instead of positions we did need.

It’s unlikely that he will be a regular for us, we have better already in the squad. The only think that can save this transfer is if we can sell him next summer for a large profit.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â