Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

56 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I think he’s a tad better than the championship, I see him thriving with a loan to the Bundesliga

We don't know if he is better than championship. He hasn't proven himself at any level in senior football yet. He played some games off the bench for Juve, not sure if he even started any competitive games for them. 

Let's hope he proves himself wherever he goes (or stays).

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

Some people fall over themselves to be miserable, I wouldn’t worry! 🥱

I was very complimentary of the team on Saturday and also applauded Duran for a cracking finish.

But you missed that of course.

Just now, Leeroy said:

I was very complimentary of the team on Saturday and also applauded Duran for a cracking finish.

That’s good of you! Did it hurt?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

It’s hard to spot that pin prick of light amongst all that cloud 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I think he’s a tad better than the championship, I see him thriving with a loan to the Bundesliga

Yeah waste of time for a player who got plenty of mins at Juventus last season to go to Championship. It'll likely be a move to Dutch or Italian leagues I'm sure. Hes clearly good enough for that level

I feel like some folk can get way too carried away by taking up such a binary point of view.as early as possible. He's only 20 years old and has some great pedigree behind him for his age, I don't think it's a stain on him or proves he's not going to be an at least OK signing that he didn't make the first matchday squad, nor that he might go out on loan. Everyone loves Morgan Rogers right now yet when he was the same age as Iling-Junior he was having an underwhelming loan spell at Blackpool, similarly Ramsey was less proven at the top level, and so forth. He deserves some patience rather than people queueing up to be the first person to say "I told you so" at his expense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

If he can play regularly via a successful loan somewhere, he can either come back and fight for a place in our squad, or can be sold at a higher value. He's only 20, so it's not uncommon for may players at his age to be out on loan.

Exactly, players as commodities is a necessity. He cost us £12m and might be on a 4 year deal. If he goes on Loan and does really well in one of the Leagues in Europe he could be worth £20m+ come June and have a book value of £9m

Just now, Indigo said:

I feel like some folk can get way too carried away by taking up such a binary point of view.as early as possible. He's only 20 years old and has some great pedigree behind him for his age, I don't think it's a stain on him or proves he's not going to be an at least OK signing that he didn't make the first matchday squad, nor that he might go out on loan. Everyone loves Morgan Rogers right now yet when he was the same age as Iling-Junior he was having an underwhelming loan spell at Blackpool, similarly Ramsey was less proven at the top level, and so forth. He deserves some patience rather than people queueing up to be the first person to say "I told you so" at his expense. 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91f2asty2l9mqbr6ste6

31 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

This is the result of depth. Everyone calm down.

Emery is quite honest with players and respects their wishes to play consistently. He wouldn't go on loan if everyone didn't agree it would be best for AVFC.

Exactly this 

He need a championship loan.

He may think he’s above that and coming from Juventus, it’s probably regarded as below his standard but it isn’t.

A championship loan this year playing 40 games and getting to grips with English football will stand him in good stead for the future. 

7 minutes ago, Indigo said:

No. Bailey is shit and no amount of new evidence can change the binary view made early in his time at the club. The. End

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He need a championship loan.

He may think he’s above that and coming from Juventus, it’s probably regarded as below his standard but it isn’t.

A championship loan this year playing 40 games and getting to grips with English football will stand him in good stead for the future. 

Bundesliga, the kid needs better fullbacks to school him to the level we need him. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Exactly, players as commodities is a necessity. He cost us £12m and might be on a 4 year deal. If he goes on Loan and does really well in one of the Leagues in Europe he could be worth £20m+ come June and have a book value of £9m

Has it come out anywhere believable how much we 'paid' in this deal? Because of the McKennie switcheroo so many different numbers were flying around.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Has it come out anywhere believable how much we 'paid' in this deal? Because of the McKennie switcheroo so many different numbers were flying around.

Juventus are publicly traded so they have to list the value of each deal

Samuel Iling-Junior for a fixed consideration of €14 million, payable in four financial years, in addition to variable bonuses up to a maximum of € 3 million. Such transaction generates a positive economic impact on the financial year 2024/2025 equal to € 11.9 million, net of auxiliary expenses (solidarity contribution and intermediary fees);

https://www.juventus.com/images/image/private/fl_attachment/dev/z2havge7tfpyab7oiowp.pdf

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Juventus are publicly traded so they have to list the value of each deal

Samuel Iling-Junior for a fixed consideration of €14 million, payable in four financial years, in addition to variable bonuses up to a maximum of € 3 million. Such transaction generates a positive economic impact on the financial year 2024/2025 equal to € 11.9 million, net of auxiliary expenses (solidarity contribution and intermediary fees);

https://www.juventus.com/images/image/private/fl_attachment/dev/z2havge7tfpyab7oiowp.pdf

No sell on % fees mentioned there which is nice.

• Like 1

He played less than 1000 minutes of football for Juve all competitions last season, or about 11 games. Got a couple starts at the end of the season when Kostic got injured, including the cup final. Without those 3 and a half games to pad the minutes he was very much a fringe player. Which is perfectly fine for someone his age. He made the bench every week but that's less impressive in the Serie A where you can name something like 15 players to the bench.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â