Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's unfortunate in a way - he's flexible enough to play in two or three positions - unfortunately they're all the positions that we have three or four really good players in. 

I can't see how he makes matchday squads at the moment - he's not second choice in any of the positions he plays.

Pointless signing then. We might as well loan him out and hope he does well there.

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's unfortunate in a way - he's flexible enough to play in two or three positions - unfortunately they're all the positions that we have three or four really good players in. 

I can't see how he makes matchday squads at the moment - he's not second choice in any of the positions he plays.

I think he's our long term left back after Moreno and Digne move on 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

That''s possible - I think he has a lot of work to do to get there though, and he's going to need a lot of patience this season where opportunities are going to be really limited. If we're thinking that, a loan would definitely be a good idea; he needs to develop as a left back to replace those two.

38 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Surely that is Maatsen, he's only 22 himself.

I think Iling-Jr might be the long term replacement for Ramsey so one of those transfers where we give him a year to bed in and hopefully see some good performances later on in the season when injuries hit.

Don't see him going out on loan at all as still think Moreno will leave before the deadline.

If we can shift one of the left backs I think he’ll stay. He can play different positions. Otherwise if all 3 stayed, he might leave for a loan and Moreno integrated to LM. 

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

No he won't be. He will play whatever position Unai wants across the line.

• 2 weeks later...

Interested to see what the plan is with him. He's no mug, and we got him on the cheap. He's in the U21 team with the likes of Ramsey, Rogers, Madueke, Bynoe-Gittens and Philogene. The pedigree is there. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

Interested to see what the plan is with him. He's no mug, and we got him on the cheap. He's in the U21 team with the likes of Ramsey, Rogers, Madueke, Bynoe-Gittens and Philogene. The pedigree is there. 

He'll need time to adapt and will get into squads and get time off the bench. We are just starting the season, the players like Iling Junior and Barrenechea will be needed come 2nd half of the season when injuries and suspensions mount. 

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He'll need time to adapt and will get into squads and get time off the bench. We are just starting the season, the players like Iling Junior and Barrenechea will be needed come 2nd half of the season when injuries and suspensions mount. 

I think he might go out on loan given we are stacked on the left side.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I think he might go out on loan given we are stacked on the left side.

I don't see him going abroad and he's too good for the Championship. I'm sure he sticks around to fight for game time like everyone else. 

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I don't see him going abroad and he's too good for the Championship. I'm sure he sticks around to fight for game time like everyone else. 

Depends if we buy somebody further forward then he’ll go out on loan I would imagine as we won’t have a squad spot for him.

On 12/08/2024 at 02:34, CVByrne said:

He's never played left back in a back 4. Maatsen is a left back

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Depends if we buy somebody further forward then he’ll go out on loan I would imagine as we won’t have a squad spot for him.

He's an U21 player. He doesn't take up a squad spot

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Around the time the season gets written off ? 😉 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â