Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

Needs to be loaned out, does not look ready at all for the Premier League or Champions League. 

Maybe send him to WBA with Lewis Dobbin so they can develop together.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Needs to be loaned out, does not look ready at all for the Premier League or Champions League. 

He was good enough for 24, mostly sub appearances for Juve in Serie A. Let's not exaggerate, he hasn't looked good so far but he has the pedigree to be useful already.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

He was good enough for 24, mostly sub appearances for Juve in Serie A. Let's not exaggerate, he hasn't looked good so far but he has the pedigree to be useful already.  

I think it depends on any incomings imo.  I think he’s borderline whether to go out on loan or be in the squad this season. At the moment he’s squad but still time left in the window.

I think this signing was weird but now that he is here, it's probably best he stays until at least january to settle in the area and get some coaching before talk of loans

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Sam is going to end up pretty good. 

this kid was coming off the Juve’s bench on a regular basis last season. No one at WBA level is coming close to doing that. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

I don't think there's any chance whatsoever he will go out on loan, not this transfer window anyway, people coming up with some strange ideas based on just a few friendly games, where he hasn't even been that bad. I couldn't call it who's going to make the biggest impact between him and Philogene, that's the kind of level he's at at

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think there's any chance whatsoever he will go out on loan, not this transfer window anyway, people coming up with some strange ideas based on just a few friendly games, where he hasn't even been that bad. I couldn't call it who's going to make the biggest impact between him and Philogene, that's the kind of level he's at at

My reasoning is not based on the friendlies but if we’ll have enough space in the squad if we do bring in any more players.  We are busting squad size as it is and there seems to be reasonable expectation that there will be more incomings then it’s about who can be left out the squad and go out on loan and get valuable minutes.  If there is space obviously best he stays around but it’s hard to see who would got out on loan instead of him in that space of the pitch if we have too many.

7 hours ago, Junxs said:

Nah

9 hours ago, Junxs said:

How can you make a judgment based on a few friendlies? If took Rogers 6-8 competitive games to start looking like a real prospect. 

14 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

this kid was coming off the Juve’s bench on a regular basis last season. No one at WBA level is coming close to doing that. 

They did sign a bloke from Juventus yesterday who played 16 games for them in his breakthrough season before a couple of seasons on loan - but I get the sentiment.

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

His versatility will make him a useful asset throughout the season.

That does seem a requirement in King Unai’s squad. Probably why we were willing to let some fringe players go who were one dimensional and then replacement with other youngsters who can play multiple roles 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They did sign a bloke from Juventus yesterday who played 16 games for them in his breakthrough season before a couple of seasons on loan - but I get the sentiment.

The couple of season on loan makes the difference. The lad clearly didn’t improve, and possibly regressed 

Sammy, did all his Juve stuff last season. There’s time to progress or regress. 

hopefully progress 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The couple of season on loan makes the difference. The lad clearly didn’t improve, and possibly regressed 

In fairness, they did try him on loan to see if he'd develop - they just sold Illing-Junior.

I'm hopeful he'll come good, he's not made a great impression so far and I think in some ways in terms of how much he gets to play, there isn't another player for whom these two remaining pre-season games are as important - if he doesn't make some impact in these two games, we might not see him again for a couple of months and whilst I don't think we'll loan him out, he might find himself playing a couple of U23 games just to keep himself sharp.

dont mean to be harsh, but he looks like a competition winner most of the time.

All the new guys have at least looked decent at times, Iling-Jr just looks out of his depth.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

dont mean to be harsh, but he looks like a competition winner most of the time.

All the new guys have at least looked decent at times, Iling-Jr just looks out of his depth.

No, he doesn't. He looks like a young player who is a bit raw and learning the ropes - because that's exactly what he is. We've seen some decent flashes from him this pre-season, as well as the areas of his game that he needs to work on. 

• Like 1

Reminds me of a younger (not as good) Milner. Seems so versatile and I could see him filling in some gaps throughout the season as players go down injured or are suspended.

He's unfortunate in a way - he's flexible enough to play in two or three positions - unfortunately they're all the positions that we have three or four really good players in. 

I can't see how he makes matchday squads at the moment - he's not second choice in any of the positions he plays.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â