Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, a question; how many games do you think he'll start for us next season?

I'm going with a guess of 4.

Double figures, easily.

He’s going to feature plenty. He got about 13 league games last season. I can see him making at least 10-20 appearances across competitions. 

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ahead of Rogers and Ramsey or ahead of Maatsen and Digne?

We’ve got domestic cup games. We’ve scouted him for a time, we know Unai likes to tweak his tactics. He could easily be an impact player from the bench too. 

26 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We’ve got domestic cup games. We’ve scouted him for a time, we know Unai likes to tweak his tactics. He could easily be an impact player from the bench too. 

Absolutely, I think we'll see him off the bench at times and in the early rounds of cups where we can, I just don't think he'll make many starts.

In our strongest side, with everyone fit, at the moment I don't think he makes the bench.

• Like 1

I actually thought he did more than the other lad from Juve. Surprised so few comments.

Either way it's friendly against league 2 opposition so hard to tell but always nice to give a good first impression. 

• Shocked 3

I thought he was pretty quiet and played it quite safe throughout the game.

Despite that, fizzed a gorgeous through ball through the middle of the pitch for Digne to run on to and also played the perfect ball to Barry for the 3-0 goal. Promising early signs.

I thought he looked really promising, seemed to do almost everything right, was careful with the ball, almost always well measured passes and then a couple of really sweet through balls. His assist was very well taken too. Thought he was one of the best players on the pitch and gave a very professional and solid impression, capped with some sublime skills.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I thought he looked really promising, seemed to do almost everything right, was careful with the ball, almost always well measured passes and then a couple of really sweet through balls. His assist was very well taken too. Thought he was one of the best players on the pitch and gave a very professional and solid impression, capped with some sublime skills.

This. It is difficult to judge v Walsall but I reckon he could be a bit special.

• Like 1

I think this is going to turn out a really great signing. Think he will play a good chunk of games across a bunch of positions, from left back to right wing.

Our most mystifying signing...not that I have any reason to dislike him; I just don't know where he fits in.

Left back? Are we selling both Digne and Moreno?

Left-side attacking midfielder? But we already have Rogers and JJ there, and Unai often used Buendia there, too...

Left wing in the forward line? Our formations under Unai to date haven't included this position. Maybe Unai wants the option to go 4-3-3? Or wants to be able to flip the asymmetrical formation such that there's a dedicated left winger instead of a dedicated right winger (i.e. Bailey) and the right back attacks while the left back stays back?

I will be very, very interested to see how Unai uses him...

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TomC said:

Our most mystifying signing...not that I have any reason to dislike him; I just don't know where he fits in.

Left-side attacking midfielder? But we already have Rogers and JJ there, and Unai often used Buendia there, too...

Left wing in the forward line? Our formations under Unai to date haven't included this position. Maybe Unai wants the option to go 4-3-3? Or wants to be able to flip the asymmetrical formation such that there's a dedicated left winger instead of a dedicated right winger (i.e. Bailey) and the right back attacks while the left back stays back?

There will be injuries for sure! 

3 hours ago, TomC said:

Yeah I kind of worry for the lad for these reasons.

Then again as we know, things can change so quickly in football.

Injuries, suspensions, loss of form etc.

Sometimes these are the things which sees the emergence of a dark horse or hidden gem in the squad.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â