Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

25 minutes ago, brommy said:

S L J

Shouldn't that be S I J?

Maybe he's a real life Jlloyd Samuel re-gen? His actual name might Llling but not with a capital L :D  

• Haha 1

Seemed to speak relatively well in the interview and I was interested in his comments about applying his past experiences to a new development system. It's a big thing for a 16 year old to move to Italy and train at a huge club like Juventus for 4 years so I'm intrigued to see how he fares.

I do wish club interviewers would push for more interesting comments based on the answers they receive, rather than just asking rehearsed questions though. These interviews always come across as a paint-by-numbers exercise where the player seems to have been banned from using any words longer than four letters.

Edited by JPAngel

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

£23.75m + two players for Doug.

Holy shit.

I always see the relative 'value' of transfer amounts as impossible to judge until a season or two has passed.

There have been far too many 'they've pulled our pants down' and 'bargain' quotes on VT, only for those signings to be great or poor respectively, proving snap judgements of transfer values to be pretty worthless.

• Like 4

Just now, brommy said:

I always see the relative 'value' of transfer amounts as impossible to judge until a season or two has passed.

There have been far too many 'they've pulled our pants down' and 'bargain' quotes on VT, only for those signings to be great or poor respectively, proving snap judgements of transfer values to be pretty worthless.

Very much agree with first part.

Hopeful for the career of these two lads. Both have high ceilings.

• Like 1

So being a natural left footer are we sure he's going to be a left back or more advanced up the pitch on the right like Bailey?

Edited by Ponky

37 minutes ago, brommy said:

I hadn’t realised how many clubs were after this lad in January at £25m so he’s definitely further along than I had realised.

30 minutes ago, Ponky said:

So being a natural left footer are we sure he's going to be a left back or more advanced up the pitch on the right like Bailey?

My guess is we now try to sell Digne and Moreno and he is Maatsen’s backup. Or we keep one of them and he covers the whole left hand side, but we have plenty of options at left mid. I don’t think right wing will be the plan… but who knows what Emery is cooking…

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Probably already knows JJ from England duties, could build up a good relationship down that left 

Think he is the next age group down. The under 19 team he played on that won Euros had Aaron Ramsey, Iroegbunam and Carney 😞😂

18 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

My guess is we now try to sell Digne and Moreno and he is Maatsen’s backup. Or we keep one of them and he covers the whole left hand side, but we have plenty of options at left mid. I don’t think right wing will be the plan… but who knows what Emery is cooking…

I reckon we sell one of them now (probably Moreno) and have one (Digne as wages might be an issue) as cover until January at the earliest.

Give Maatsen and Iling time to settle in to the club and as theyre both quite young, it also keeps an experienced head around which might be useful this season. 

Maatsen and Digne rotate games with Iling used as back up at LB whilst also getting minutes further up the pitch.

• Like 1

Didn't realise he was 6ft. Unai does like his taller players it seems, something I've felt we've lacked over recent years.

(i say this as a 5'6 man who can't wait for Buendia to be back) 

Â