Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

Never seen him play, looked at his FBRef I don't use it to judge players abilities but more their playing style.

It seems to suggest, strong in the air, likes to cross the ball and his passes lead to good scoring opportunities but that could be the nature of playing for Juve. 

Also seems he can take a corner and is fairly defensively sound but doesn't like too many touches and can be lose the ball a bit too easily?

Has anyone watched him play confirm this aligns? 

Interesting profile though and gives Emery a tactical option. 

15 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Never seen him play, looked at his FBRef I don't use it to judge players abilities but more their playing style.

It seems to suggest, strong in the air, likes to cross the ball and his passes lead to good scoring opportunities but that could be the nature of playing for Juve. 

Also seems he can take a corner and is fairly defensively sound but doesn't like too many touches and can be lose the ball a bit too easily?

Has anyone watched him play confirm this aligns? 

Interesting profile though and gives Emery a tactical option

Hallelujah!!!

Yes.........It might give Austin McPhee a chance too.

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The way he runs the line, his touch, defensive work. His strength. Very, very exciting prospect 

Attacking wise he slightly gives me Bailey vibes.  A bit unpredictable (even to himself at times!) but good pace, good acceleration and tricky to stop in full flight.  But maybe also a bit likely to run down a blind alley, take on one too many players and not see a better option (although Bailey's doing much better at the latter having trained under Unai). 

But defensively he seems much better at being able to drop back if Maatsen bombs past to provide cover if we lose the ball.

Definitely looks like he will give us some great options though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I swear to god, some of these images that get tricked up and psychoamped on Twitter ... they've made Sam Illing look like some roided out Hulk. Dougie looks about 50, and poor Enzo made to look like he's on the verge of a stroke. Tone those ****ing filters down a bit, please. 

spacer.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 4

Sky saying he is having his medical today so decent chance the whole Dougie deal will be annouced some time later. 

Since nobody is bothered to type out double-barrelled names over the long term - and rightly so - we should probably come up with a standardised acronym of his name. 

I prefer IJR to SIJ personally. Shame he won't be getting the #7 shirt or it could have been JR7. 

23 minutes ago, Isa said:

Sky saying he is having his medical today so decent chance the whole Dougie deal will be annouced some time later. 

Since nobody is bothered to type out double-barrelled names over the long term - and rightly so - we should probably come up with a standardised acronym of his name. 

I prefer IJR to SIJ personally. Shame he won't be getting the #7 shirt or it could have been JR7. 

Sam or Sammy depending on his personality type 

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Sam or Sammy depending on his personality type 

That works too I suppose. Super Sammy after his first MOTM performance. 

26 minutes ago, Isa said:

Does Jizzing work? 

Because it works for me. 

1 hour ago, Isa said:

i thought Luiz was having his medical tomorrow?

45 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Does Jizzing work? 

Because it works for me. 

you know what Jizzing is right?

right?

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i thought Luiz was having his medical tomorrow?

Ah, maybe. I assumed Luiz had done his already as the terms on his side were agreed before anybody else's. 

• Like 1

On 22/06/2024 at 07:56, Keyblade said:

He doesn't look very good tbh, but then again Morgan Rogers didn't look like anything special before Unai got ahold of him

Anyone noticed he’s also completely two footed. Looks like a player IMO

Â