Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Maybe, maybe not. Rogers was spotted by Emery. Iling-Junior is a player who happens to be surplus at the club we’re currently dealing with, so not exactly hand picked.

Emery didn't hand pick any of the squad he inherited though and look what happened.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tayls said:

In fairness, it’s hard not to be suckered into it when you see their fans saying they think he is rubbish and want to drive him here themselves… that’s the same stuff we say on here when we want rid of someone! 

I don’t really recall the Bentancur situation… but he hasn’t been overly impressive for Spurs? 

Bentancur is Spurs’ best player and they (Juve fans) absolutely tore him apart before he left. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I’m excited for this one.

Me too, but the narrative and cloud of negativity engulfing VT is frustrating. So many people seem to be failing to grasp the deal in its entirety and the fact we are still in June so chances are the funds made from the Dougie deal allow us to strengthen further with more exciting deals like this one.

• Like 4

FM24 stats (I was particularly drawn to their estimate sell value of *clears throat* $164m euros).

Seemingly a pacey skillfull left sided player with a lot of potential. This is quite exciting and could work well with a more defensively-minded Mings/Pau at LB.

image.thumb.png.989459db8613e2a372df1d7541fbeb3c.png

6 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Rogers was spotted by Emery. Iling-Junior is a player who happens to be surplus at the club we’re currently dealing with, so not exactly hand picked.

I thought that was only half of the reason, Harrison worked with him a lot at Albion academy and talked him up as well. 

As for Illing Jr, seems to have a lot of potential and the type of player Emery likes 

Edited by mikeyp102

Question - why sell Philogene for £5m and buy Iling Jnr who is at a similar level to him in the U21 set up for 15m euros. 

None of our business makes sense at the moment. 

Luckily Unai is incredible at getting the most out of these players but our transfers decisions just look wilder and wilder the more you think about it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Oh my word it's the Rogers thread over and over again. Please make it stop. 

Philogene, currently at Hull, is at a similar level to a player he’s not watched much (if at all) who is on the books at Juventus.

Classic VT. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Philogene, currently at Hull, is at a similar level to a player he’s not watched much (if at all) who is on the books at Juventus.

Classic VT. 

Everyone is really getting at each other right now. People are emotional I get it. Classic VT you might say!

What I meant was they are at a similar level in the England U21 set up. ie both getting games (in a similar position) and both doing well in terms of performances and goal contributions. 

He maybe 3 times the player - lets hope he is. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Question - why sell Philogene for £5m and buy Iling Jnr who is at a similar level to him in the U21 set up for 15m euros. 

None of our business makes sense at the moment. 

Luckily Unai is incredible at getting the most out of these players but our transfers decisions just look wilder and wilder the more you think about it. 

Because he wanted to leave.

• Like 3

Â