Samuel Iling-Junior

PaulMcGrath_5

He's got some bulk to him as well, which is a plus. Looks like he plays in a state of barely controlled chaos, so it'll be interesting at the very least.

If we swing this deal for essentially 2 solid squad players plus 20m for Luiz, it'll be a shrewd piece of business by Monchi. McKennie and Iling-Junior are both young and have potentially significant upside under the tutelage of Master Emery.

Our hand is being forced, so it was always a matter of getting an acceptable deal completed quickly, and it's looking like this is the deal. Hopefully we hold their scummy Juve feet to the fire and get the full 20m. They can go steal it if they have to, they are the experts at that.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Don't want either, both totally uninspiring, rather we keep Luiz.

unfortunately we might not have a choice. if we're close for FFP then we need to get players off the books. if this deal does go through then it means we get 2 players in plus cash to get emery's primary target(s)

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We don't seem to have much choice 

I'd rather sell Ramsey, we would get a lot more games out of keeping Luiz. Also, do we really want 'Unai might be able to shape them' type of players, not for me, we need ready made ones now if we are to compete in CL. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Don't want McKennie at all.

This guy would be a decent addition though given his age and experience with Juventus already. We do need a younger LB in the squad sooner or later.

Yeah I’d rather have £40m and this lad then spend that money on someone else. In Monchi and Unai we trust. 

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Please don't tell me that you've been suckered into believing Juventus' fans position on this - remember the Bentancur situation?

In fairness, it’s hard not to be suckered into it when you see their fans saying they think he is rubbish and want to drive him here themselves… that’s the same stuff we say on here when we want rid of someone! 

I don’t really recall the Bentancur situation… but he hasn’t been overly impressive for Spurs? 

5 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

I'd rather sell Ramsey, we would get a lot more games out of keeping Luiz. Also, do we really want 'Unai might be able to shape them' type of players, not for me, we need ready made ones now if we are to compete in CL. 

That's literally the kind of players Emery buys 🤣

59 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Looks like an exciting prospect in this YT compilation, everybody’s favourite way to judge a player.

He reminds me of eze in that video.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

That's literally the kind of players Emery buys 🤣

And that was perfect for where we were but not sure you can go into a long CL season with diamonds in the rough the old one in your team like Rodgers is great but once you add 3-4 it will become an issue 

• Like 1

Just now, Zero7 said:

And that was perfect for where we were but not sure you can go into a long CL season with diamonds in the rough the old one in your team like Rodgers is great but once you add 3-4 it will become an issue 

Was it an issue for Villarreal when they won the Europa League and got to a CL semi-final?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Yeah I’d rather have £40m and this lad then spend that money on someone else. In Monchi and Unai we trust. 

I guess the problem is Juve need a cash boost in their accounts too.  We get £60m straight away then have about £8m outgoing for the two players' first years, they get £40m in one go coming in and about £12m outgoing for the first year for Doug. It might not work if they only have one player leave.  If the deal fell through we might have to sell to Arsenal instead for example.

Seen on the Dougie thread that he has one year left on his deal and Juve are not willing to give him a new one, 

This is just not true, he is running his contract down because he wants a return to England 

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I'm very happy with this deal as long as Luiz get's valued at close to £70m in the deal. It matters a lot for PSR to maximise his value in the sale. 

I really think Illing Junior will be a superb signing and can compete with Moreno or play in LM. The way Cash has been used both at RB or RM. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

I don't think anyone outside Villa would rate Ramsey high enough especially after his season of injury.

20 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

We also need Ramsey to compete in the CL as we don't have many homegrown players.  Selling him doesn't really make much sense.

Iling Junior would add to the English quota, which is good.  Plus he looks like he could potentially be brilliant down that left side.  

Edited by sharkyvilla

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

We also need Ramsey to compete in the CL as we don't have many homegrown players.  Selling him doesn't really make much sense.

Iling Junior would add to the English quota, which is good.  Plus he looks like he could potentially be brilliant down that left side.  

worried about Ramseys foot, hopefully we get the pre injury one back but he does seem a bit prone 

46 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Juve have played a back 5 this season with him as a wing back, essentially how Villa use their left back so he could be an interesting, younger replacement if either Digne or Moreno were to leave. More comparable to the latter of that pair in that he's fast, takes players on etc.

Yes, if we sign him and he's valued at £20m in the deal over a 5 year contract and we pay him ~£50k a week = £6.5m annual cost amortisation + salary. If we move Digne on for his remaining book value (ie now sale loss) then we remove 11.5m in cost. So we have replaced Digne with Illing Junior and we still have a senior left back in Moreno here. It works well for me. We've got similar in the RB space with Cash and Nedeljkovic. 

Â