Premier League 2 - U21 Development League 2024/2025

BOF

12 hours ago, useless said:

Our first six game mirror the games of the senior side, so we will play Young Boys (a), Bayern Munich (h), Bologna (h), Club Brugge (a), Juventus (h), and Leipzig (a), not sure of the exact dates, but looking back at Manchester City and Arsenal fixtures from last season, looks like the games are usually played on the same day as the seniors, and that's the case with City's games this season

Strange that they'll just arbitrarily omit Monaco & Celtic. I think today is some kind of draw for something anyway. Let's see what happens.

On 27/08/2024 at 14:23, BOF said:

Can't remember the last time this happened but we used the same first 11, the same subs and the same unused subs in successive league matches.

I also noticed this, and have checked through my records, it looks like it was the first time we have named the same matchday squad twice in a row in the Premier league Era (from August 1999). You have to go back to the 1997-98 season (the old Central League days, three subs named) for the last time this happed to the second string. Three in a row would be in 1964-65, before subs were a thing.

• Like 2

I think the UEFA Youth League in the early stages is split into two sections, one section for the teams who's senior team qualified for the Champions League, and the other section is for the U18 teams that won their league, so for example Mancheter United didn't qualify for Champions League, but their U18 are in the Youth League because they were U18 Champions last season

I could be wrong, but I think today's draw is for the U18 teams that won their respective leagues last season, as it's called 'Domestic Champions Path', our initial fixtures with dates are on google now, kick-off times to be confirmed

• Like 1

Soccerway has it now. The youths play the day before the seniors if they're correct. They're also the U19s, so I'm not sure if putting them into the U21 thread is the correct thing to do.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â