Premier League 2 - U21 Development League 2024/2025

BOF

Oh, and good to see so many who aren't involved in attendance last night Bogarde, Feeney, Swinkels and O'Reilly among those who dusted off their Palm Angels sweats and their Luis Vuitton trainers to come support their teammates.

• Like 2

On 17/08/2024 at 07:21, BOF said:

Just because they've finished bottom of the u21 league 2 seasons on the trot, and 2 seasons ago they impressively managed 1 draw and 19 defeats in 20 games (see links to previous seasons at very top of OP). They are objectively the worst team in the division and they're on for a hat trick.

Thank you I've had a look through at previous seasons now.

Thank you for explaining but I've got that they're bad and an easy win, I just don't understand what changed? Do all the local lads go through the Nottm Forest/ Notts County academy now? How are they maintaining their academy status and staying in the Prem 2 with such poor results and output? I have limited knowledge on this but believed to be category one you need amazing facilities, top tier coaching and a success rate with graduates. 

On 08/08/2024 at 21:07, useless said:

I'm a bit late to this but who were our scorers?

Also, who is the young Simon Le Bon wearing number 20?

The official site have finally got their act together on the U21 page, with corrected player listings (aside from Kane Taylor): https://www.avfc.co.uk/Teams/u21.

The only player missing seems to be Jayden Barber. Has he been released? He wasn't on either retained or released list this summer, we haven't seen him for a while and his old academy player page hits a 404 now: https://www.avfc.co.uk/players/u18/jaydenbarber/. Have I missed something?

Side note, the U18s page clearly hasn't had the same attention yet: https://www.avfc.co.uk/Teams/u18.

Jayden Barber has left us and signed for Merstham F.C who play in the Isthmian South East Division, which I think is tier 8 of the league system, strange he's dropped that low as when actually fit he looked a good player for us, I would say one of our underrated ones, and got quite a few call ups to England U17 and U18 squads too, he only turned 19 in June as well, so not the age when we would normally be letting players go, could be injuries related - I hope not, but maybe he's taking same route as Dylan Mitchell, dropping down the pyramid, hoping to stand out at that level and as a result get a move back into the football league

• Like 1

Stats updated. Can't remember the last time this happened but we used the same first 11, the same subs and the same unused subs in successive league matches.

• Like 1

I notice we're not in the Premier League Cup this season. I assume this is because of participation in the UEFA Youth League.

Looks like no loan for Smith, great to see Rowe back after missing a lot of pre-season, could be a big season for him, hopefully Richards absence means he's got a loan

Is Swinkels injured? I thought he'd have had a game by now. Was partly thinking he'd be given a new contract, squad number and added to the senior side but still no reason to not play him if he's not getting near the senior bench. Same could be said of Zych and Bogarde. Anyone know what the situation is?

7 hours ago, skarroki said:

Is Swinkels injured? I thought he'd have had a game by now. Was partly thinking he'd be given a new contract, squad number and added to the senior side but still no reason to not play him if he's not getting near the senior bench. Same could be said of Zych and Bogarde. Anyone know what the situation is?

He's with the first team. Although that may change once Mings is back in contention.

I hate the new fixture calendar by the way, it's now impossible to watch the next U21's game at Bodymoor if you want to go and see the first team against Wolves - by kicking off at 12:00 on the same day as a first team game at 15:00, they've basically put it back behind closed doors.

Whoever's idea that is needs a good kicking.

On 27/08/2024 at 14:28, BOF said:

I notice we're not in the Premier League Cup this season. I assume this is because of participation in the UEFA Youth League.

Will you be adding the UEFA league here @BOF?

Our first six game mirror the games of the senior side, so we will play Young Boys (a), Bayern Munich (h), Bologna (h), Club Brugge (a), Juventus (h), and Leipzig (a), not sure of the exact dates, but looking back at Manchester City and Arsenal fixtures from last season, looks like the games are usually played on the same day as the seniors, and that's the case with City's games this season

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â