Athletic Club Bilbao August 7 19:30

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is Barrenechea injured already

Oh good spot, looked fine in the most recent training video.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they made another mistake, Carlos wasn’t listed in his last game yet was involved.

Seems like it may be “more of the same” in terms of approach of previous friendlies, more about fitness and sharpness.

Maybe the next one is where we go strong and all out for the win.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hadn't noticed that - hope he's okay, he's been a bright spot.

He really has and better than the likes of Barkley so far, probably most encouraged by Enzo and Nedeljkovic, from our previous signings. Onana is the one though…

Edited by Jas10

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Big three not considered yet, no striker in the first half eleven and light at CB. Diego Carlos not in the squad and Olsen still out.

It's a great team for a game a month ago, but we have a league game in ten days. We're not going to get much of a chance to play with our actual team in this pre-season - it's all a bit messy.

I think its safe to say carlos is off 

I agree with your last paragraph. Ollie emi and konsa only have one pre season game before season starts. Not good

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

23 players - 3 GK's, 2 RB's, 3 LB's, 2 CB's, 12 MF's and 1 CF.

If's not the best balance is it?

we have 12 Mother Fuc*ers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still pretty weak team, we need Martinez, Konsa and Watkins back. Not even on the bench is a worry given the season starts in 10 days. 

Duran back in training but not being considered for selection, we have to get his situation sorted.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't think we can afford to sell him - we're one short as it is and I can't see us finding two quality CB's in the next ten days.

We might need to swallow our pride and welcome Duran back too.

TINA time.

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Are Carlos, Olsen and KHH off? 

Bit disappointed not to see the four back late on the bench. 

Carlos to be sold?

Hayden off on loan?

Olsen....dunno.

What up with Barrenchea?

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree with your last paragraph. Ollie emi and konsa only have one pre season game before season starts. Not good

They're also the ones who have adapted to Emery's system in the best way so far and have higher fitness levels because they played during the Summer. 

They'll slot in fine. 

Maatsen and Onana spotting Ollie's runs for example will take more time, but I think they're good enough to make that link quickly. 

It's probably the one benefit of us not being able to sign many first team replacements so far, most of the new guys are squad players and existing playing relationships are still there. 

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

Still pretty weak team, we need Martinez, Konsa and Watkins back. Not even on the bench is a worry given the season starts in 10 days. 

Duran back in training but not being considered for selection, we have to get his situation sorted.

Duran came back same day as the other 3. If they're not in the squad why should he be?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

It does feel a bit messy.  

The missing Duran is especially worrying - a new bomb squad or hes actually leaving?

none of Konsa, Martinez or Watkins are in the squad, so not surprising Duran isnt.

5 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Are Carlos, Olsen and KHH off? 

Bit disappointed not to see the four back late on the bench. 

Shows how massive the squad is. Definitely need some more trimming. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â