Athletic Club Bilbao August 7 19:30

We played Athletic Bilbao in the UEFA Cup in October/November 1997, winning 2-1 on aggregate. (Two rounds later, we went out to Atletico Madrid on away goals.)

I remember some people on the old Aston Villa mailing list being so impressed with the hospitality shown by the Bilbao fans (away leg was first) that they adopted Athletic as their Spanish club. Let's hope for another good experience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Is there any concern that the impact of the racist dickheads taking up police resources affects this game?

Good job it's Bilbao this season and not Lazio. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just called Walsall, no sign of my car parking ticket in the post but apparently they are not posting out and instead my name will be with one of the stewards 😵‍💫

Anyhow, they offered to refund the £1.50 postage I had paid, for some reason and I don't know why, I said "no it is fine, put it in club funds to sign a player"........what a clearing in the woods!

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

Is there any concern that the impact of the racist dickheads taking up police resources affects this game?

Do you mean The Park Inn Hotel on Bescot Crescent?.. 

My tickets still haven’t arrived, phoned the club and they’ve said they were posted out on Friday but I can collect duplicates from Bescot if I have to.  Probably worth ringing up and getting on the dupes list if you have to. 

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Do you mean The Park Inn Hotel on Bescot Crescent?.. 

Just a general wondering if there would be issues with transport and policing around the ground generally.  I don't actually know Birmingham very well at all

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Just a general wondering if there would be issues with transport and policing around the ground generally.  I don't actually know Birmingham very well at all

Ohh, I thought you were referring to the hotel next to the ground that was allocated to asylum seekers last year or so

Can't see any agro at the game, City centre could be a potential hot spot if things keep spilling over from last nights escapades but hopefully things calm down 

11 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

they offered to refund the £1.50 postage I had paid, for some reason and I don't know why, I said "no it is fine, but it in club funds to sign a player"........what a clearing in the woods!

Hurrah, we can now sign Felix!   Thank you AndyClarke for getting us to the magic number needed.

16 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I think we are going to put in a really big performance tomorrow and play very well.

I think Emery will be tuning in now.

He'll be demanding a performance after some disappointing stuff.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â