Athletic Club Bilbao August 7 19:30

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

First pre-season game I've watched since Spartak & Walsall. Yes, yes you can thank me later :D

Same 😂 

That was mostly entertaining.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say Onana is gonna be our best midfield signing in yonks, he's enormous and can play too.

Neds going forward is so much better than Cash, and he is lightning fast.

Three good finishes.

Only two players that appeared to acknowledge the fans at the end were Barkley and Neds.

Best pre-season performance so far

• Like 1

He was calling them Athletic Cloob, which is probably right. Unlike his many attempts at their player names.  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TDR V2 said:

And judging by the stadium announcer I need to check how to pronounce Bilbao, I had no idea what he was calling them

I wasn't there but he should have been saying Athletic Club to have the name correct, the word Bilbao isn't formally part of the clubs name, but gets added on a lot for clarity outside of Spain. 

• Thanks 1

Much more like us, familiar shape and tempo.

Choppy personnel didn’t affect the performances which is a good sign. 

Good outings for many. Much more promising.

Still conceding in familiar ways however.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

Good to get a win after three straight defeats. Still conceding goals but good to see Ramsey scoring, he needs to stay fit now. 

Hopefully we see close to our strongest team against Dortmund in what will arguably be our toughest game of preseason. Emi, Ezri and Ollie need minutes so ideally they start and get at least 60 minutes and then hope they are ready to play 90 v West Ham. 

2 hours ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

I wasn't there but he should have been saying Athletic Club to have the name correct, the word Bilbao isn't formally part of the clubs name, but gets added on a lot for clarity outside of Spain. 

That's it, he must have been saying Club

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

Much more like us, familiar shape and tempo.

Choppy personnel didn’t affect the performances which is a good sign. 

Good outings for many. Much more promising.

Still conceding in familiar ways however.

We ALLOW too many unfettered crosses in to the box......this then becomes a lottery.

13 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

There's something very very likable about Cameron archer.

I agree......I still see a bit of Defoe in him.

With Ollie being ever present, I don't see anyone of any value, coming in to play second fiddle.....I would keep Cam around the team, and let him settle in.

Cam is not a line leader, but I think he will become more like Defoe in time......I would keep him in the squad, he's a bit different and sharp in the box.

He should not be compared with Ollie they are different.

14 hours ago, The_Rev said:

He was calling them Athletic Cloob, which is probably right. Unlike his many attempts at their player names.  😄

He missed an opportunity with the second athletic goal. Think it was the same fella he couldn't remember. Should have just said 'the goalscorer for athletic cloob was.. no.12 I'm Sorry' and left it at that

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â