Athletic Club Bilbao August 7 19:30

The score makes this look a lot closer that it actually was. 

5-2 would’ve been more reflective of the actual game. 

Anyway good to get the win. 

I think I’d give Ned the MOtM but Rogers, Bogarde, Onana, JJ and Jaden also looked sharp. 

• Like 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Gotta say buendia was pretty annoynous

He annoyed with his nous?

🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

First pre-season game I've watched since Spartak & Walsall. Yes, yes you can thank me later :D

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

Very happy with great match from Gauci, Bogarde, Digne, Ramsey, Rogers and Kosta.

And great goals by Jaden and Archer. All in all, a good display, even though it was a bit shaky defensively.

2 minutes ago, Shay said:

i think he created 3 chances in just 20 mins? 

Yep, I thought Buendia was a real positive, he looks like a man that isn't going to accept being a back up this season without a fight.

• Like 4

Great fun, took me two minutes before realising the archer offside goal was offside but no matter identical follow up to win. Obviously some rhythm loss after the subs, which made it tough, but barkley and buendia had some nice touches and Kosta had a great burst of pace on him with that driving run. Would like to see him get a game with the first team options alongside him. 

Lovely finish from Philogene too. 

Not sure what happened with their second goal. Just a tidy finish but swinkels missing his man perhaps.

An enjoyable game, good to see 3 home grown get the goals.

Ned looks a monster, it looked like bogarde was told not to pass to him and play to his left as I dont think he passed to him once.

Unlucky with his break and shot and even more unlucky with the penalty he should have got.

Still plenty of work to do to get the squad playing how we want, and I think archer may have done himself some good with both of those finishes, he showed pace strength confidence and finishing both times.

We have players still to come back but while archer doesn't have the physicality of duran, he has the work, team and professional ethics duran seems to lack. I would be happy selling duran and keeping archer 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â