Athletic Club Bilbao August 7 19:30

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

we have played very well at times, but also not been very clinical at all.

we genuinely could have had 4 or 5 goals if we were more clinical.

I don't see the game, but this "could have had 4 or 5 goals" makes me happy 😊

Just now, MaVilla said:

if we get martinez, konsa and watkins back, and added a quality RB and a Felix type player, we would be cooking.

Sort of like what the club probably have planned you mean ? 🤔, 😉 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, andym said:

Not a surprise we are looking more like it back on a proper pitch and not those ropey US pitches, where we played at minimal intensity not wanting to end up with loads of injuries like all the teams who did pre season over there last year did (including us)

Every pitch we played on in the US was either a dedicated football ground (Columbus and NY) or is in active use by an MLS team (Chicago, though an NFL stadium).

If you want to compare some of the pitches from Copa, that's more than fair. But we didn't give up several goals to Leipzig, Columbus, and one to Club America because of grass, my man.

• Thanks 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

I don't see the game, but this "could have had 4 or 5 goals" makes me happy 😊

im not joking either, we have played some lovely stuff and if we were clinical it would be at least 3 goals.

some of our defending has been suspect tho, especially from cash.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 479Villan said:

Every pitch we played on in the US was either a dedicated football ground (Columbus and NY) or is in active use by an MLS team (Chicago, though an NFL stadium).

If you want to compare some of the pitches from Copa, that's more than fair. But we didn't give up several goals to Leipzig, Columbus, and one to Club America because of grass, my man.

I would hope the players were all professional  and resisted the temptation of illicit substances, but it would explain some of the defending. 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â