Athletic Club Bilbao August 7 19:30

First half of villa live in years. Good fun. Obviously lowish intensity at times, Gauci threatening to walk all the way to the other goal at times unchallenged.

But bright spots from many. Bailey a bit reluctant to have a crack, Cash is weak but other than that everyone has been OK. Rogers is no striker though. Bogarde looked fine at the back too and Gauci made some nice stops. 

Ramsey's goal was really well taken. Didn't see who got thr assist, was it mcginn, tielemans?  Conceded goal seemed a bit scrappy.

Overall pretty positive really

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

First half of villa live in years. Good fun. Obviously lowish intensity at times, Gauci threatening to walk all the way to the other goal at times unchallenged.

But bright spots from many. Bailey a bit reluctant to have a crack, Cash is weak but other than that everyone has been OK. Rogers is no striker though. Bogarde looked fine at the back too and Gauci made some nice stops. 

Ramsey's goal was really well taken. Didn't see who got thr assist, was it mcginn, tielemans?  Conceded goal seemed a bit scrappy.

Overall pretty positive really

tielemans assist.

• Thanks 1

Rogers' offside goal was onside and was pure filth, amazing finish.

Looks a bit false niney with Rogers up top, I like Onana in there, he'll get a lot better too. Promising signs with Ramsey and Bailey too. 

• Like 1

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

Who is our guy to link defence with midfield now that Luiz is gone and Kamara probably won’t be seen again this year? That’s my biggest concern.

Onana. Is he not doing that tonight?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I said it last match but I'm genuinely impressed with Bogarde for such a young player.

Defo be kept around 👍

• Like 1

Watching the feed of the Benteke/Tielemans video. I have drank where they were walking, last year in DC for our game then: had I seen the two of them together, they'd have had to edit out my fangirl reaction (and likely I'd have myself a brand new restraining order for my troubles0.

1 minute ago, 479Villan said:

Watching the feed of the Benteke/Tielemans video. I have drank where they were walking, last year in DC for our game then: had I seen the two of them together, they'd have had to edit out my fangirl reaction (and likely I'd have myself a brand new restraining order for my troubles0.

You can tell tekkers has a soft spot for our club

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 479Villan said:

" You call football soccer now ? "

*Smiles in dissappointed...

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

just under 6ft, maybe 5 10 ish.

Two Tommy Elphicks

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Onana. Is he not doing that tonight?

Bilbao being disciplined and not taking the bait so he's often getting the ball without an easy ball forwards. I think he's been good though.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Who is our guy to link defence with midfield now that Luiz is gone and Kamara probably won’t be seen again this year? That’s my biggest concern.

Onana.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â