Athletic Club Bilbao August 7 19:30

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure Maatsen is better than Digne defensively - he's there for his attacking qualities isn't he?

Id say there is very little chance maatsen wont be no 1 lb here.

From what i have seen of him he looks pretty good at both

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Rogers is wasted as a striker.

Looks like Unai agrees as they were working on him dropping deep in training (seen in training video posted today).

Again after early promise, we just don't seem to be able to work any openings. Look pedestrian going forwards. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Id say there is very little chance maatsen wont be no 1 lb here.

From what i have seen of him he looks pretty good at both

I think he'll become starting LB before too long - but I think Digne is better defensively. I think to get the best out of Maatsen we might need Konsa at RB.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I think he'll become starting LB before too long - but I think Digne is better defensively. I think to get the best out of Maatsen we might need Konsa at RB.

What makes you say that about konsa?

Just now, Demitri_C said:

What makes you say that about konsa?

Because Maatsen will spend much of his time in the opposition half with us reverting to a three at the back - in the same way we did when Moreno was raiding up and down the left.

Thought we look much better today, passing has been much better and this is the best we've played so far in pre season. Not overly fussed on their equaliser. More happy that the movement is good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, supermon said:

Thought we look much better today, passing has been much better and this is the best we've played so far in pre season. Not overly fussed on their equaliser. More happy that the movement is good.

We could easily have had 4 or 5.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Cash is a clear weak link.

The heading back in front of goal: my main you are literally at the touchline, facing their supporters. Put. The. Ball. Out.

The movement was good, the midfield two looked very decent and I think Bogarde had a brilliant half, we look sharper and keen and the front three did very well. We should really have had another goal of two and there are lots of positives to take from that half.

We still look too open at the back and though Bogarde had a good game and Gauci looked a lot more capable than in his previous appearances, it'll be great to see Martinez and Konsa back. 

We're short of depth in key areas, but I think we've gathered a Plan B option for times without Watkins that could be effective if we're desperate and the first team should be strong.

• Like 3

A lot more confident for next season, after the USA performances. Mind you, in the USA we were getting to know each other and working on getting our sharpness back.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â