Spartak Trnava July 20 15:00

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Is this quite a big game for them? 

The Villa's come to town, you're god damned right it is.

• Like 2

Whoever the commentator is he has no clue who our payers are, he didn't have any clue last game confusing Iling-Junior and Bailey 3 or 4 times as well. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

I hate the number 3s on our shirts.

I won't pretend to know a thing about fonts, but these feel stretched on top to try and appear different, and then the overdone curves on numbers at the bottom is unusual.

I mean,  if this is our club font for UCL games, I'd still wear it on a shirt (out in public, because I don't care what you fashion mavens think)

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Whoever the commentator is he has no clue who our payers are, he didn't have any clue last game confusing Iling-Junior and Bailey 3 or 4 times as well. 

It feels like they're watching the games with us on TV. But a rather small one.

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Is this quite a big game for them? 

They made the semi final of the European cup in 1969.

Quarter finals in 73 and 74

Qualified for the conference league proper last season for their first real European football beyond the qualifying rounds in a long time though.  They had a record of 0-1-5 in the group stage.

I'd say it's probably their biggest opposition they've faced in a long time, albeit in a friendly.

They have a local league rivalry with Slovan Bratislava, which probably shows the relative fame of the club, because I've heard of them but didn't recognise Spartak Trnava.

Edited by MrBlack
73 & 74, not twice in 73
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Quarter finals in 73 and 73.

Blimey - hopefully none of the players from this successful period are still in the squad. 

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbf.  Me too.  Has dobbin touched the ball?

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Carlos is starting to annoy me now

Stealing a living.

Gerrard's recruitment was disgusting.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Quarter finals in 73 and 73.

Qualified for the conference league proper last season for their first real European football beyond the qualifying rounds in a long time though.  They had a record of 0-1-5 in the group stage.

I'd say it's probably their biggest opposition they've faced in a long time, albeit in a friendly.

They have a local league rivalry with Slovan Bratislava, which probably shows the relative fame of the club, because I've heard of them but didn't recognise Spartak Trnava.

73 was a great year for them quarterfinals TWICE.  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â