Spartak Trnava July 20 15:00

I guess the only additional player in the squad for this one will be Jaden. Still too early for any of the international crowd to come back. 

Is there any talk when the likes of McGinn and Tielemans will come back? They were out well before Ollie, Konsa, Emi and Big John. 

Hoping Gauci can really stake a claim for 2nd choice GK during preseason and demonstrate that he’s a better and more reliable option than Olsen.

Would save us some money too.

• Thanks 1

Very random friendly this as it's not like we are in a camp in the locality or opening a new stadium or something like that.

Spartak Trnava finished third last season in the Slovak League and will be in the Conference League this season.

Only link I can find between the two clubs is the late Vaclav Drobny who played for Trnava later on in his career after joining Villa in 2004 on loan but left having never played a game.

Edited by Ceemo

10 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

Only link I can find between the two clubs is the late Vaclav Drobny who played for Trnava later on in his career after joining Villa in 2004 on loan but left having never played a game.

Villa and Trnava legend, testomonial match

32 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

so dobbin for kaden young i think. lineup the same as 2nd half last time

Hope Kadan wasn't hurt in the couple of late challenges on him at Bescot.

17 minutes ago, I Make Pies said:

I'm guessing it is preparation for our European trips.

My guess too. We looked a little out of sorts on a few of our Conference League away trips last season and I think Unai wants to give the squad more experience of what visiting a smaller team from seed pots 4 or 3 of the Champions League could feel like.

3 minutes ago, brommy said:

My guess too. We looked a little out of sorts on a few of our Conference League away trips last season and I think Unai wants to give the squad more experience of what visiting a smaller team from seed pots 4 or 3 of the Champions League could feel like.

Should set up pre-season games against Galatasaray or Fenerbahce for those crazy fans and that ”welcome to hell”-feeling

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â