Spartak Trnava July 20 15:00

I felt a bit sorry for the attackers in the first half today. There was no link player who could actually play them in. Iling, Dobbin and Barry couldn’t really get in the game. A bit of luck and individual brilliant meant we went in at HT ahead. I thought Swinkels and Enzo looked good and the keeper was good with the bits he had to do. 

The second half was different, Barkley was always looking for Rogers and he had the range of passing to find him. I also thought Young and KHH on the wings looked much more of a threat. Archer took the goal well but he was pretty anonymous up to that point. Bogart and Feeney looked composed and Olsen made saves you’d expect. 

All in all fairly uneventful and 22 players for 45mins each so has to be good for fitness. On to the US! Hopefully JP, McGinn and maybe Youri will be back for some of those games. I’d like to see JJ, Buendia and Mings too if possible. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I felt a bit sorry for the attackers in the first half today. There was no link player who could actually play them in. Iling, Dobbin and Barry couldn’t really get in the game. A bit of luck and individual brilliant meant we went in at HT ahead. I thought Swinkels and Enzo looked good and the keeper was good with the bits he had to do. 

The second half was different, Barkley was always looking for Rogers and he had the range of passing to find him. I also thought Young and KHH on the wings looked much more of a threat. Archer took the goal well but he was pretty anonymous up to that point. Bogart and Feeney looked composed and Olsen made saves you’d expect. 

All in all fairly uneventful and 22 players for 45mins each so has to be good for fitness. On to the US! Hopefully JP, McGinn and maybe Youri will be back for some of those games. I’d like to see JJ, Buendia and Mings too if possible. 

That's exactly what Archer is, along with Barry, and out and out striker in the mould of Linekar or Cottee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

That's exactly what Archer is, along with Barry, and out and out striker in the mould of Linekar or Cottee.

Was there a finer side parting than Tony Cottee's?

4 hours ago, romavillan said:

Was there a finer side parting than Tony Cottee's?

Hitler.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â