Spartak Trnava July 20 15:00

Quite a trip from finishing the game at Bescot at about 22:00 on Wednesday night to kicking off in Slovakia 66 hours later. - I wonder if we'll see a split group.

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely bigging us up in that article, guessing domt get many glamour friendlies. Advertised Ollie, McGinn and Diaby so have probably promised some big names going over

Though Slovak a peculiar language as have mentioned Unai Emery twice with two different spellings 😂

i would have thought that Ollie in particular, and possibly McGinn too will be given extra time off for the Euros - I wouldn't expect Olle back in training before this one, let alone in the team.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bit of a random friendly this one.

Strange one isn't it - I guess he wants the younger players to get used to travelling and games in quick succession.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Surely the biggest game Spartak Trnava's history? The mighty Aston Villa, European Champions of 82 are coming to Slovakia. 

We have a whole section on their website.

FC Spartak TrnavaVSTUPENKY AVFC 2024 - FC Spartak Trnava

I hope we take a decent team otherwise I'd feel bad for them.

Diaby being the posterboy is awkward enough.

• Like 1

I assume this will be almost a similar team to Walsall, with possibly the additions of Philogene, Ramsey and Buendia.  The rest of the squad will be back for America.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â