3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. WHat will the turnout be?

• 80%+
    • 60%+
    • 40%+
    • 20%+
    • Less than 20%

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/24 at 17:00

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Same here. Not watching any of them, it's basically pointless. 

This was actually the one I was most interested in. Because it wasn’t Sunak and Starmer and because the other parties were involved

Nothing changed my mind though and yes they are utterly pointless

Not only are they utterly pointless they are also very poorly stage managed, today the moderator was awful and the questions were hilariously slanted

On 07/06/2024 at 00:08, chrisp65 said:

Why not just resign and leave? Why do it this way?

Haven’t you heard?

He defected to Labour a bit ago and due to an admin error it didn’t get announced, but basically he’s a double agent, now. You know, like a mole, or some little burrowing creature that eats worms and stuff. Anyways, he’s doing his bit for Britain… unloved, unrecognised, unknown, even. But in years to come, his contribution to the cause of ridding the nation from the grip of a wealthy elite will come to be recognised and respected…at least until the PM needs to scurry off and do a TV interview to say why he did some lies about a thing.

Sorry if my last post is some days behind events. Not watched any of the telly things. I mean why would I? It’s simple, Tories out, so vote for whoever is going to possibly beat them where I live. That’s Labour. Job done. I’m not a Labour enthusiast, or member or supporter, but they’re the only choice for my town to beat the baby eaters.  #electoralefficiency.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, blandy said:

Haven’t you heard?

He defected to Labour a bit ago and due to an admin error it didn’t get announced, but basically he’s a double agent, now. You know, like a mole, or some little burrowing creature that eats worms and stuff. Anyways, he’s doing his bit for Britain… unloved, unrecognised, unknown, even. But in years to come, his contribution to the cause of ridding the nation from the grip of a wealthy elite will come to be recognised and respected…at least until the PM needs to scurry off and do a TV interview to say why he did some lies about a thing.

The greatest act of petulance in political history?

The polls show that the British public don't  appreciate all the wonderful things he has done for them. The intrigues and sniping show that the same applies to his own party. Poor Rishi, why doesn't everyinelove him? Why don't  they appreciate just how brilliant his achievements are? So he'll  show them. They'll  all be laughing on the other sides if their faces when he has taken his genius to California. 

8 hours ago, blandy said:

Sorry if my last post is some days behind events. Not watched any of the telly things. I mean why would I? It’s simple, Tories out, so vote for whoever is going to possibly beat them where I live. That’s Labour. Job done. I’m not a Labour enthusiast, or member or supporter, but they’re the only choice for my town to beat the baby eaters.  #electoralefficiency.

Yep.  That's what I'll be doing too. I'm green on principle and policy, but I'll be voting Labour

• Like 3

Just now, DaoDeMings said:

Why?

They are living in cloud cuckoo land if  they think they can do all they suggest given the countries economic state and thinking that changing the tax system will bring in enough revenue to pay. We'd end up with mass inflation, mortgage prices rising, worse than whst happened under Truss.  

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

They are living in cloud cuckoo land if  they think they can do all they suggest given the countries economic state and thinking that changing the tax system will bring in enough revenue to pay. We'd end up with mass inflation, mortgage prices rising, worse than whst happened under Truss.  

Yet in theory you'd like that?

Just now, PaulC said:

While I kind of agree that their economic policy probably isn't fully fleshed out (because they know they have no chance of governance anyway), I see no problem with changing the tax system so that the billionaires and shareholders that have been bankrupting our country for years can finally pay their fare share rather than stealing from us.

'Cloud cuckoo land' is often thrown around as an insult at the Greens, but Labour, the Tories and whoever else are the ones really on cloud cuckoo land if they think they can keep plodding along on the same path and expect the climate crisis to sort itself out.

Just now, ml1dch said:

Yet in theory you'd like that?

No In theory i like their policies but know they are totally unrealistic 

Just now, DaoDeMings said:

While I kind of agree that their economic policy probably isn't fully fleshed out (because they know they have no chance of governance anyway), I see no problem with changing the tax system so that the billionaires and shareholders that have been bankrupting our country for years can finally pay their fare share rather than stealing from us.

'Cloud cuckoo land' is often thrown around as an insult at the Greens, but Labour, the Tories and whoever else are the ones really on cloud cuckoo land if they think they can keep plodding along on the same path and expect the climate crisis to sort itself out.

Yes I agree with you the other parties.  I think the wealthy shouid pay more tax but know in reality they will find ways of avoiding it so may not bring in as much as they are suggesting 

I

Thing is, poundshop trump is strutting around talking about no go areas and streets where no English is spoken and the threat to culture, he’s got votes and so the two main parties are moving in his direction to get their votes back. Power trumping principles.

Perhaps, a significant vote for the greens, not an election winning vote, say 15% well that could lead the big parties to realise they have to shuffle in that direction.

If you don’t vote green, how does anyone know that was the direction of travel you wanted?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Whilst I'm theory I like the Greens. Their  policies would bankrupt the country. 

Quite possibly. The way I look at it is similar to what I've heard Caroline Lucas say. Basically they're aiming to get 4 seats. That's the realistic aim they have. So they're not going to be the government, or put their more "out there" policies into place.

But, if there are more Green MPs, then their influence can be greater, and the stuff they're less bonkers about gets more of a hearing, and it also puts pressure on other parties to adopt environmentally beneficial approaches. So it shifts the debate a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaoDeMings said:

Minor quibble, perhaps, but it's true that overall taxes are now at their highest rate in 70 odd years. And the reason is that the middle and more wealthy folks are paying more in taxes. Stuff like the multi year freeze on 40% rate income thresholds has got loads more people paying higher rate tax. Corporation tax went up and so on and so forth.

The problem is more complex than "billionaires and shareholders bankrupting the country" - they're not. We might like them to pay more taxes, still, but a heck of a lot of the tax take comes from them (and the sort of mid level earners, too).

Where the Greens are right is that if you have a system that is based (only) on economic growth powering services and stuff, but you have little or no growth, then you're ****. The system firstly should not just be about "how many pounds?" something is worth. Currently if you dig up a peat bog and turn it to arable farmland, say, they the economy grows in £ from the new farm products being moved and sold etc. But you've lost nature, you've lost carbon capture by the peat, you've lost flood reduction measures, etc and so forth. There's more to life than torynomics.

• Like 1